The Sorting Hat (EDITED)

As we entered the Great Hall, I immediately noticed the ceiling, which was dotted with thousands of tiny stars with some covered by fake clouds, of course, they weren't real, my Aunt Hermione had told me so herself.
At first, I didn't notice the whispering. But as I looked around at the other students, I saw that they were staring at me, muttering to their fellow house members and gawking at my flaming red hair. Obviously, they knew about what my father had done. And I didn't! Oh, the shame. Why couldn't I know what my parents had done in the past?

As soon as I saw my older brother, Albus', encouraging smile, I was able to tune out the other students and focus on the three-legged stool upon which sat an ancient and battered hat with what seemed to be...a mouth. The sorting hat.

As we gathered around, it opened its mouth and began a short speech.
I listened intently, I was so excited to finally be at Hogwarts, I had to know everything.
"Why, hello my new students," it said,"I am the sorting hat, I will place you in your houses, according to which category you fit. These categories are:

Gryffindor - the brave

Hufflepuff - the just

Ravenclaw - the intelligent

Slytherin - the lust for power

Take a moment to consider your options, I will take your opinion into account, but after all it is my decision to make." He finished, with the what seemed to be a grin.

An elderly woman stepped forward, with a tight bun and greying hair. Her face was kind but harsh, crossing this woman would not be a wise idea, she had seen much suffering in her life. She had seen the battle of Hogwarts, had watched friends and family suffer and die to protect Hogwarts from Lord Voldemort, the fearsome wizard who had killed so many. This must be Professor Trelawney, the original Divination teacher, now Deputy Headmistress of the school.

"When I call your name, step forward and I will place the hat on your head. The hat will organise you into your houses." She spoke, her voice was soothing and kind, but also stiff.

Taking the hat in her hand, she called many names before mine, a few stood out to me.

These were:

Bridgette Bones, daughter of Susan Bones, was in Hufflepuff.

Hugo made it to Gryffindor. I smiled at him as he took a seat with the other Gryffindors.

Scorpius was in Slytherin.

The blonde headed girl that joined us on the boat was Luna Lovegood's child, Athena Longbottom. She was placed into Ravenclaw. Her parents were now divorced, but were on quite civil terms.

Finally, my name was called, immediately afterwards, a hushed silence filled the room, everyone knew who I was and they wanted to know whether or not I would follow in my parents' footsteps. I prayed I would. I needed to be in Gryffindor. I begged and prayed, and stepped forward.

As I walked to the stool, which seemed to take forever, I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I turned and sat, facing the crowd of gawking faces. Gryffindors leaned forward, hoping to catch the sound of the word they longed to hear. Ravenclaws seemed mildly interested, they'd like to have the Chosen One's daughter in their house. As I felt the weight of the old and limp hat rest on my head, it fell, too big for my small head and covered my eyes. I was glad for the size of the hat meant that I could not see the students watching me.

The hat paused,"I see cleverness, perfect for a Ravenclaw, but you are also ambitious, brave and kind. Just like your father, so difficult to place. Oh well, better be..." I heard the word I was hoping for, "Gryffindor!" The hat cried.

My body relaxed, mother and father would be proud.

I joined the rest of the Gryffindors at their table, and apparently, they did the same thing when my father joined them here. (Uncle Ron had told me so) They chanted, "We've got Potter, we've got Potter!"
Ravenclaws and Slytherins scowled at the fellow Gryffindors, jealousy etched upon their faces. But the Hufflepuffs just smiled and applauded, as if they were happy wherever I was placed. Ah, Hufflepuffs, always thinking of others before themselves. It was kind of cute.
I smiled, maybe this was my home. Maybe, I was important here. Maybe I could feel safe, maybe I could shine the way my brothers did, and I could be the one to be admired, rather than me looking up towards them as if they were idols. I could be an idol, I could be famous, like the rest of my family. And for once, I felt safe and happy. But somewhere deep down, I felt a darkness closing in, something bad was just about to happen. But what could possibly go wrong here?