Imprisoned and Impervious

~ATHENA POV~

I sat in a prison cell, it wasn't bad, I had all the comforts I needed, there was, however, a problem. It was who I was with, James came to visit me often, tried to tell me things I knew weren't true. He told me that You-Know-Who was right, that he was to save our race. I disagreed, no matter how much he tried to convince me, my parents had fought against that man for so long, it was my turn to do the same. I stood strong, but I wasn't unfriendly. We exchanged chitchat on different subjects, telling stories and joking around, but I was never really happy, I missed my true friends, my family. James told me what was going on in the outside world, not much, he had said. But I didn't believe him, by now, everyone would know that You-Know-Who was back. He just didn't want to admit it.

It must have been twenty or so days before any action came down to my part of what seemed to me to be a mansion. On an occasion, I would hear screams from other prisoners. But I was surprised to see who it was, my mother. She had somehow snuck into the place, trying to save me. Little did she know that someone was waiting for her.

As she saw me, she hurried down the stairs, leaping and skipping some. She came to my cell door and held my hands, whispering, "My baby...my poor, poor baby."

From the shadows, stepped James, lifting his wand, Luna turned.

"James, are you here to help me?" She asked.

James stayed silent, wand still pointed directly at her heart.

"Mum, don't he's evil!" I cried.

"Wha..." She started.

"Avada Kedavra!" James cried.

My mother fell lifeless to the floor with a dull thud.

Screaming, I threw myself against the bars with the little strength I had. James approached me, tried to hold my hands. I threw him back, I hated him, he killed my mother, how could he? His words drifted through my head, I didn't even process them, the only thing I thought was, 'Lily was right.'