Quidditch Trials (EDITED)

If anything made you popular at Hogwarts, it was Quidditch. Ridiculously hard, extremely dangerous and most of all, the most popular sport in the wizarding world. If you were good at Quidditch, people loved you. Especially if you played for their House. But that wasn't why I wanted to try out. I was little when my father first taught me how to fly. He taught me the rules of Quidditch and which techniques to use when. He told me I had natural talent and that I would be a star. I didn't care, I just loved the feel of the wind in my hair and the adrenaline that kicked in whenever the game began.

The trails were held on the first Saturday of term, and I was so eager to join. Although, I didn't know if I would make a fool of myself at this stage... I was only a first year, and even though we hardly ever made the team, my father did in his first year, I know that what he wants me to do.

As I entered the stadium, my excitement was overcome by nerves, there must have been fifty people there, most of them were much older than me.

First, we went through drills and exercises. They were fairly easy, they mostly used them to make sure all the hopefuls could actually fly properly. Then, the captain called up those who were running for seeker. I stepped forward along with three others. They weren't very small, which was unusual for a seeker, they were mostly the lightest and speediest on the team. The captain, Katy Finnigan, released the Golden Snitch as we all flew from the ground, darting here and there, all trying to capture the snitch. My Firebolt 27 was faster than any other, being the newest model, it must have only taken me a minute to catch the walnut sized ball and hold it tight. I flew down to the captain and she smiled, handing me a red and gold set of robes with a number seven and 'Potter' on the back. I had made it onto the team. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I marched from the stadium and back to my dormitory.

Later that night, I got news of the rest of my team. The other players were: Victoire Weasley, Albus Potter and Susan Thomas as Chasers. Teddy Lupin and James, my brother as Beaters. Katy Finnigan as our Keeper.

I couldn't believe it, I was part of the Gryffindor Quidditch team.