Everything becomes depressed

"There are two kinds of emotional support with the humans, one is an emotional support animal, humans are great for this task and then the second is humans that need emotional support.

The latter is our current issue, and it seems that it will be a hard thing to help", the vet stared at the alien before him, this vet specializes in mental and emotional needs of humans, and other pets that need to be assessed, the alien before the vet was a small species, it reached the humans hip but stood in charge and desperate for its humans health, "yes, correct, please its been ever so dull lately, it doesn't ever want to get up and it doesn't even enjoy sweets anymore!" Exclaimed the alien, it had brown dry skin and leaf like hair, the vet listened intently.

"What happened prior to this change?" Questioned the vet, the alien looked thoughtful for a moment, "it may have started around the time his companion went missing" stated the alien, they looked sad over the fact their other human had vanished, "I see, your human may be depressed" stater the vet, the alien looked confused, "depressed? Can humans be depressed?" Asked the alien confused, the vet gave a slight head movement, "yes, it is one reason why socialising your human is seen as so important, without stimuli humans can become depressed, as well as feeling lost without a companion it has bonded with, any animal can become depressed you see" explained the vet.

The vet approached the human and examined its sad eyes, it didn't react to being touched and when spoken to it merely looked up at the vet, the alien clutched the leash nervously, "I have an idea, follow me" said the vet walking out of the room, the alien led its pet along after them and they entered a room, it had other pets in there, humans who sat around on fake grass and played about, they stopped as the group entered, watching as the vet carefully removed the lead from the humans harness and nudged it over to the humans, slowly it approached, it eyes on the grass, the humans watched him curiously.

It started with one, a boy walked over and held out his hand, slowly the depressed male clutched the hand, and suddenly the other humans ran over to talk to the human, all at once, not even stopping to breathe, "let's just watch them through the one way window, it'll make it more natural" explained the alien, "there is no 'cure' for depression, but you can have it go away, as the cause for the depressive episode is taken care of, then it becomes much more easier" explained the vet, they left the room to examine the humans from the outside.

The male had sat down and let the humans play, they were trying to convince him to join but he didn't feel up to it, they didn't push him to play, they were patient with him, being sure to involve him, "why do you have humans here?" Asked the alien, "the nearby rescue house owner recently hurt themselves, so they'll be at the hospital for a week" explained the vet, "and during that time, I'd recommend bringing your human here daily" stated the vet, watching how a human female offered the male a piece of human fruit, which the male hesitantly took.

The week was amazingly effective, the male was beginning to play and get excited again, his sad and dull eyes becoming far brighter, the alien was ecstatic over the shift, plus it had received news that its human may have been found, due to a group of human snatchers being caught, "thank you very much for all your help!" Thanked the alien, the vet was happy for them, "now be sure to find ways to let your human meet other humans, it does wanders for their mental health" explained the vet, the alien nodded vigorously, "I will, I don't ever plan on making that mistake ever again" stated the alien, it gently scratched the humans back, the alien didn't have sharp or long nails, so it was a rather pleasant and even ticklish feeling for the human.

The vet signed out, another happy customer and pet.

human pet series short storiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara