• 2 •

I walked into the restaurant behind Cynthia and followed her to a table by the window. Patrick, Olivia, Casey, and Andy were already there when we reached the table. Cynthia and I sat down in the two empty chairs between Patrick and Andy.

Cynthia kissed Patrick's cheek. "Sorry for being late babe. Logan changed her outfit like four times."

I rolled my eyes. "Liar, it was twice."

Olivia laughed. "That's our Logan, always the perfectionist."

Casey snorted. "Perfectionist? Okay Olivia, and what am I? Einstein?"

Andy shot Casey a look. "Just shut up."

I smiled at her. "Well, hello to you too Casey."

Casey hated my guts. We've never seen eye to eye. It was always something that she didn't like about me or anything that I did. I'm not friends with her, never have been. I guess I could say we're only cordial, because of our mutual friendships with Patrick and his sister Olivia.

Patrick cleared his throat. "I know that this is last minute, but I really need some help planning my birthday party. That's why all of you are here."

Cynthia sighed. "Baby, you had me worried I thought you were dying."

I shot Cynthia a look. "Really?"

Andy laughed. "It takes her to guess the worst of something."

Olivia giggled. "Right babe, she's always been the Debby Downer."

Cynthia shot her a glare. "What the fuck? That's a poor choice of fucking words Olivia."

Olivia's eyes widened. "Gosh Cyn, I was only joking."

Patrick rubbed her back. "Baby it's okay. Don't freak out."

Casey rolled her eyes and sipped on her martini. "I'm so glad I have this drink."

"Hey guys. I hope I'm not too late?"

I looked towards the voice and my breath hitched. The guy had to be about 6'4. He had short dark brown hair, blinding white teeth, and the most beautiful honey brown eyes I'd ever seen. He was magnificent in a sense. He looked vaguely familiar.

I let out a breath. "Your eyes..."

The table suddenly got quiet and everyone looked at me. I could feel the awkwardness surrounding me. I cringed. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. That was super weird of me."

The guy looked at me for a second and smiled politely. I almost melted. "Don't worry about it. Thank you for the unfinished compliment, but compliment nonetheless."

I smiled awkwardly and nodded. I looked at Cynthia and she wiggled her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes.

Patrick cleared his throat and stood up to hug the guy. "What's up man. You're right on time, we were just talking about my birthday." He sat back down.

The guy nodded and sat beside Casey. "Hey."

She smiled and wrapped her arm in his. "Hey."  She cut her eyes at me then looked back to him.

I looked at Cynthia to find her still looking at me. I shrugged and she rolled her eyes.

Andy looked at Casey. "Wow, I can't believe this shit.."

Olivia raised an eyebrow at Andy. "Baby, what's wrong?"

Andy gave her a look. "You're serious?"

Olivia ignored him and looked at the rest of us. "Party ideas anyone?"

Cynthia looked at Casey. "No Olivia, we don't have any party ideas. I'm more interested in Casey and this new guy. He's really attractive."