• 4 •

"Okay, one more time. Are you sure I look okay?" I looked down at my outfit and squirmed. I had on white platform sneakers and a dark brown fitted dress.

Cynthia opened the front door to Patrick's parents house and looked at me. "Yes, for the hundredth time you look amazing."

I ran my hands down my sides and looked at Cynthia. "How about now? How's my hair?" I ran my fingers through my curls.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed my arm. "You're so annoying. Let's go." She pushed through the crowd of people with me behind her.

The party was just getting started considering we got there two hours late. I looked around to see if I saw anyone I knew, but I didn't.

I pulled Cynthia closer to me. "Where's the man of the hour?"

She shrugged. "No idea, I'm going to get a drink. You in?"

I shook my head. She nodded and left. I walked out the slide door and on to the patio. It was pretty packed, but not as much as it was inside.

"Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that the one and only Logan Andrews?"

I raised an eyebrow and looked over to my left. A girl with blonde hair started to approach me. "Oh my gosh!" My eyes widened and I ran over to jump on her. "Samantha!"

She squealed and picked me up. "Logan!"

I smiled and looked down at her. "You're here and you're blonde! You listened to me!"

"I did! I've missed you so much!" She hugged me.

I hugged her back and pulled away with a smile. Samantha Jones is Cynthia's favorite cousin, one of the worlds most famous super models, and my second best friend since the sixth grade. She left after we graduated high school and moved to New York, she visits often, but not enough.

I jumped down. "Does Cynthia know?"

She nodded. "She picked me up from the airport last night. I told her not to tell you, because I wanted it to be a surprise."

I dropped my arms. "Well it is. What are you doing here?"

"I'm on business for the most part. I have a video project with Harper's Bazaar and they wanted to get a glimpse of my life here." She laughed.

I laughed. "That's really cool, Sam. I'm so proud of you. When do you leave?"

She smiled. "Thank you my love and two days time."

I pouted. "Oh no. I wish you could stay for my dad's birthday party."

She sighed. "I do too. I stopped by your house earlier to give him his gift, so he would know that I didn't forget."

"He would've known."

"I still wanted to get him something. Anyways, how are you?" Her gaze softened.

I smiled softly. "I'm fine, can't complain."

She squeezed my shoulder. "Good, because I'm going to kill Patrick and Olivia."

I choked on air just as I felt someone push pass me to jump on Samantha. I glared, playfully. "Excuse me would've been nice."

Cynthia stuck her tongue out. "Whatever loser."

"Why didn't you tell me you filled Sam in?"

"Well, to save you from hearing her mouth. She was very angry Lo, you should've saw her."

I shivered. When Samantha's mad, no one wants to be around her. "I'm going to go get some water, are you staying with Sam?"

She nodded. "For a little. I'll come find you."