• 5 •

"Sweetheart, we're having some guests over for dinner in a few. Oh, and wear the new dress I brought for you. I don't like the one that you have on your bed for this occasion." She kissed my cheek and left my room.

We arrived to my parents vacation home in Capri, Italy last night and my mom already invited company over for dinner. I wondered who it was, she never mentioned anything earlier this week about anyone joining us on our trip here.

"Lo!"

I looked up from my book to my bedroom door. "Hey Mallie, what's up?"

"I don't know what to wear. Should I wear a tux or khaki shorts and a button up?"

"Uh, shorts and a button up. It's hot."

He nodded and sat beside me. "Hey, are you okay? I heard that Michael was back in town and I know about him and Casey."

I sat my book down on my nightstand and turned my body to face him. "How do you know about that?"

He shrugged. "Cory told me about Michael being back. He found out from Adam and I found out about Casey from eavesdropping." I raised an eyebrow. "You were on FaceTime with Cyn the other day. I over heard."

"Mallie.."

He put his hands up in surrender. "I know. I shouldn't have been listening, but I couldn't help it. I've never heard my sister sound so.. broken before."

I looked at him, sadly. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not Logan. I know you. You're not okay with this. I don't even think it's okay. I'm worried about you."

I was utterly speechless. I forced a smile and pulled him to me. "It's fine okay? Don't worry about me. I love you."

He looked doubtful, but he squeezed me back. "I love you back."

I kissed his forehead. "Go get dressed."

He smiled at me then left.

I️ stood up and walked over to my closet to get the dress my mom wanted me to wear to dinner. It was a white summer dress with spaghetti straps and it flared out just before it reached my knees. It was gorgeous. My mom got it this morning when she was visiting the shops with my dad.

I️ placed my dress on my bed and went to get ready.

"Logan! Company's here!"

I groaned and straightened the last bit of my hair. I slipped in my diamond earrings and stood in front of the mirror. I hummed appreciatively and smoothed out my dress. I walked out of my room, shut the door behind me, and went downstairs. I could already hear the laughter.

"There she is. Sweetheart come over and greet our guests."

I turned around the corner and saw my mom's smile, then everyone else came into play. My eyes widened. "Mr. and Mrs. Cairo?" I looked at my mom pointedly, she shrugged.

Mrs. Cairo smiled. "Logan! You look gorgeous. Doesn't she look gorgeous Kyan?"

My heart dropped when I heard his name. I looked around them and settled my eyes on him. I haven't seen him since our junior year in college. He transferred and went to study abroad here in Italy. I've known Kyan Cairo since I was eighteen years old. He's still one of the most beautiful guys I've ever seen, with curly jet black hair, warm chocolate brown eyes, and amazing bronzed skin.

He nodded and swallowed. "Very.."

I guess our parents could see how we were gazing at one another, because they excused them selves and joined my brothers in the dining room.