• 6 •

It was seven o'clock in the evening and I was currently in my childhood room fixing my hair for my father's birthday extravaganza. My mom had been planning this event for almost a year now and if anything were to go wrong tonight I knew she would flip her shit.

I've already taken a shower and applied on my make up, so now I only had to slip on my dress and heels. It was when I was done with my hair that a knock sounded at my door.

"Who's there?"

"It's Daniel, Miss Logan!"

"Okay! One second!" I slipped on my robe and walked towards the door to open it. "Yes?" I smiled. Daniel or Mr. Daniel as I like to call him, is in charge of my parents household staff. He's been in the family since Cory was a baby. He's like a grandfather to us, so loving and caring.

He smiled. "Sorry to bother you, but your father has told me to let you know that majority of the guests have arrived and he wants you down as soon as possible."

"Alright, I'm just finishing up. Let him know that I'll be down in a minute. Thank you, Mr. Daniel."

"Not a problem, Miss Logan." He smiled once more before turning and leaving.

I closed the door and continued to get ready. Once I was done I looked into the mirror. My midnight blue gown really brought out my facial features. I slipped on silver stilettos and left my room. I heard a lot of chatter once I walked down the main hall.

"Wow Bub, you look gorgeous." Cory appeared beside me and smiled.

I flinched. "Cory!" I punched him in the arm and he laughed. "You too." He had on a cream colored dress shirt, black slacks, and black loafers with a cream colored outer sole to match.

"Shall we?" He gave me his arm to take.

I slipped my arm in his. "We shall."

We walked down the grand staircase and it grew quiet. I caught my parents eyes on us as they smiled proudly. Malik joined us at the bottom and we stopped to take pictures.

Cory sighed. "I need a drink. I'll see you guys later." He walked away.

Malik spotted some of his friends then looked at me and shrugged. "Catch you later gator."

I nodded. "After while crocodile." I walked over to my parents and gave them hugs. "Hi beautiful people."

My mom squealed quietly. "Hi baby. You look stunning. I don't have words."

I waved her off. "No, I'm nothing compared to you."

She rolled her eyes and tilted my head up by my chin. "You're everything and more my love. Everything."

My dad nodded and kissed my cheek. "An exact replica of your mother. Beautiful."

I smiled. "Thank you. I'll catch you guys later. I have to find Cynthia." I waved and walked towards the living room.

"Logan!"

I turned around and saw Andy walking up to me. I squealed and wrapped my arms around him when he reached me. "Andy! Hi!"

He squeezed me and let go with a smile. "You look stunning, absolutely beautiful Logan."

I smiled softly. "Thank you, so do you. Well, handsome of course."

He chuckled. "How are you?"

"I'm doing well. How about you?"

"Same here, can't complain."

"Hey Logan!"

I looked beside him and saw Olivia smiling at me. I groaned. I should've known if Andy was here then all of them were, including Michael. I mentally shook my head. I really needed to find Cynthia.