//3//

After a few sad hours alone, Layne didn't feel much better. Except for the butterflies in his stomach because of Jerry, he still felt sad.

Nine o' clock rolled around, and despite Layne keeping his hopes low, his heart still sank in disappointment.

In defeat, he walked over to his couch and collapsed on it, a loud exasperated sigh escaping his lips. He pulled a ciggeratte from his pocket and lit it. It was silly for him to think that he had even the slightest chance.

When it reached nine thirty though, his phone vibrated against his pocket. He jumped from the couch and looked to see who it was.

Layne let it ring for a while. He was slightly in shock that Jerry had actually called him. So many thoughts were rushing through his head, and eventually, it stopped ringing.

But after a few minutes of silence, it began to ring again. And this time, Layne picked it up.

"Hello?" He mumbled nervously.

"Hey Layne," Jerry said breathlessly, "I'm so sorry I didn't call. I got caught up on traffic on the way home."

"Oh, i-it's okay. I wasn't doing anything anyway." Only crying and sitting alone like a piece of shit you are. His mind taunted.

"Oh, well are you feeling any better hun?" Hun? What's that supposed to mean?

"I'm fine now that you're here." Layne replied in attempt to flirt back, but he just cringed at his words.

Jerry on the other hand though, felt the complete opposite. It made him want to continue laying it on thick a little.

"Well that's good," he slightly purred, "are you busy all tonight?"

Layne's heart nearly burst out of his chest at the question. "N-no."

Jerry chuckled. "Well, do you wanna go get a beer or somethin'?"

Layne was about to say yes, but then he caught a glance of himself in the reflection of the window and quickly said "no I'm okay."

"Oh," Jerry's heart sank, "why not?"

Layne bit his lip, tugging at the dry skin. "I don't think you want to see me."

"Don't be silly. Of course I wanna see you!" Jerry replied quickly, hoping that he could change the singer's mind.

But Layne declined again. He wanted whatever was going on with him and Jerry to last. Because he knew it would end right when Jerry were to see him. Layne was frail and ugly. He wouldn't want anything to do with the addict.

Despite Layne declining Jerry's offer, the two were in a call for over two hours. The two had instantly clicked. Layne had found out that Jerry played the guitar and also wrote music, and he had also offered for Layne to sing with him sometime.

Layne wasn't sure what it was about Jerry, but when the two ended the call, he couldn't stop thinking about him.

Fucking chill Layne. You don't even know what he looks like.

Layne sighed and stepped into bed, hoping that his little crush for Jerry would subside. Because he knew it wasn't going to go anywhere.

But despite that fact, he still hoped that it would.