//4//

The next morning, Layne had to get up for work. He wasn't apart of anything special. Just a music store a few blocks away.

He walked there almost every day. For he had sold his vehicle for heroin.

He sighed, clipping on a nametag and throwing on a dirty plaid shirt and some ripped jeans. He pushed his dreads to the ride and sighed. He looked even worse than yesterday.

Before he put his shoes on, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and turned it on.

He was surprised though, when he saw that he had gotten a message from Jerry a little over an hour before.

Jerry: Morning cutie.

Layne's heart fluttered at the message, and began to reply.

Layne: what makes you think I'm cute?

Jerry seemed to respond instantaneously.

Jerry: I can just tell. I'm smart ;)

Layne: well I guess you're not that smart then. Because I'm ugly

Jerry: I'm sure you're not. Your voice is cute at least.

Layne: well thanks.

Jerry: no problem

Jerry: can I see a picture of you.

Layne: uh, no.

Jerry: why not? I wanna see you!

Layne: I gotta go. Got work.

Jerry: okay, well I'll send a picture of me in case you see me around sometime.

Jerry:

Layne couldn't believe his eyes. How could he show himself after seeing what Jerry looked like. He was so unbelievably attractive that he had to put his phone down to stifle the feelings that were tugging at his chest.

A few hours later when he was on break, he decided to reply.

Layne: you're really handsome Jerry

Jerry: thank you! I'm sure you look handsome as well

Layne: I don't, but that's sweet of you.

Jerry: can I have a picture of you now?

Layne: no

Jerry: why not?

Layne shook his head and put his phone down. He didn't want to talk about it anymore.