Chapter 5: Where are we

*Percy*

Okay so two minutes ago I was in a tomb and now I am in the sea. I don't have a problem since my dad is Posident, god of sea. But I can see Carter struggling so much to take a breath, without thinking I quickly hold on to him from his chest and pull him up to the surface.

"Huh......huh........huh" he tries to breathe.

"Are you okay man," I asked with concern.

"Yyyeah I amm ffine" he tries to say.

"Don't talk for a while and try to catch your breath" I suggest.

After ten minutes his breathing went back to normal.

"So I guess we are lost at sea just like the oracle said." He said.

"Yeah but I don't get it how is this a challenge?" I asked.

When I asked the question I wish I hadn't since a huge ugly like creature comes out of the water I can't help but noticing that he seems familiar.

"Sobek" Carter muttered under his breath.

"Who?" I asked.

"Remember when we fought that crocodile thing last time. Yeah he is his dad."he informed me.

"OHH, that makes a lot of since." I said

" Look who we have here, son of Posident and a Magician." Sobek said.

"What do you want ?" Asked Carter.

"It is simple you have to pass the test and your free to go" he said.

"What if we don't pass the test," I asked , scared of what might be the answer.

"I will eat you then," he said.

"What's the test," Carter asks.

"It's a riddle you have to solve" he said.

"Oh no I am not good with riddles," Carter and I said at the same time.

*Annabeth*

I can't take it anymore. Everywhere I go spiders are everywhere. I am petrified from spiders. The problem is I don't know how to face my fear. All of Athena's children have this fear because Athena turned a lady into a spider as a punishment. Now spiders hunt all Athena's children.

Now I am running into a tunnel that is pitch black and behind me I can hear millions of spiders crawling behind me. I am starting to get tired but I can't stop of the spiders will eat me. Yes they can eat humans mostly demigods.

But how can I face my biggest fear? Maybe by calming down. After a while I started slowing down then I stopped. So did all the spiders they are to shocked that I just stopped probably thinking I am giving up.

"Okay guys I don't want to hurt you and I am sure you don't want to hurt me. Why do you have to eat me when I did nothing to you guys. Please let me go." I tryed.

"NEVER" they all yelled.

As they all come at me, I don't move a bit not because I am scared because I am finally facing my fear. The nightmare that has been hunting me for years. I am finally facing it. As they come at me. My heart and thoughts are all on the positive which is they can't hurt me unless I let them hurt me. As they come at me I say four words as I close my eyes.

"You can't hurt me." And suddenly they disappear. Then everything went pitch black.

*Carter*

"The riddle is :

What is cold and hard but is not a rock ,

If it's cold and hard it can change the life." Sobik said.

" WHAT, " Percy asks.

" I know that makes no sense at all. The only thing that is cold and hard is a rock." I said wondering what the answer was.

"But listen if it's cold and hard it can change someone's life." Percy said.

" Yeah like an animal,OHHH A TURTLE" I said hoping that was the answer.

"No!" Sobik said as he started laughing.

"Listen carefully what is something to humans that can be cold and hard not literally and can change someone's life." Percy said getting close to the answer.

" The heart,"I said.

"Correct" Sobik said.

" Wait but what was the point of that riddle" Percy asked.

" To help you on your journey, knowing that information can change the choices you make. You will need it in your Quest. Listen to what I said. Don't forget my words. The heart can change everything." He said as he disappears into the sea. Then everything went pitch black.

*Sadie*

I am crying know. I can't handle it seeing Walt die. I can't help it. This is my nightmare , I can never get over this fear. It's such a powerful fear. As I sit down next to Walt. I see him trying to breathe. Trying to live , but there is no use. Every time I help him it gets worse.

For example if I give him the medicine that helps you heal. His pain increases. I don't know what to do.

" Sadie" I hear him say.

" I love you" he said.

" I love you too" I replied to him.

But as I start to cry he starts yelling in pain. And try's his best not to show how painful it is to him.

"Sadie let me go" he said.

At first I didn't understand what he meant and so I let go of his hand. But then he says.

"Let me go from your heart " he said.

Then I understood. I have to stare a him die without doing anything. I can't cry or try to help him or I will make it worse and I get to see him in pain longer. So I tried to let him go and I turned around. But his pain came back. I wasn't suppose to turn around, I have to watch him die without doing anything.

For ten minutes I have stared at him in horror as he was dying, I can't do anything or close my eyes . After those ten minutes he died and everything went pitch black.