Chapter 27

“I love you because your mouth knows how to shout rebelliousness.” — Mario Benedetti.

Lisa woke up first. She let Jennie sleep peacefully and went to the bathroom for a shower. 

First, she looked at the mirror and stroked her chin and cheeks, smiling at her reflection, to then step into the shower.

She let the water fall on her body as she leaned against the wall. 

There was nothing better than a shower to refresh her in the morning, even though she already had one last night after being with Jennie.

Lisa left the shower and wrapped a towel around her torso, leaving her hair wet and feeling some drops rolling down her body. She entered the room to see how Jennie was still asleep and smiled to herself.

She opened the closet door looking for underwear. Lisa could hear Jennie’s breathing. She turned to her and saw her tangled in the sheets with parted lips and her soft locks of hair covering her face.

Lisa ran her fingers through her hair and shook her head right after. She let the towel fall down the floor to then put her clean underwear on.

She opened the closet, this time looking for something else to wear, finding some white short pants and a black crop-top. She pulled the same for Jennie, in case she wanted to have a shower as well. Just after crossing through the door to the hallway, she walked into the living room and sat on the stool in front of the piano.

Living with Jennie would be awesome. 

Experiencing this kind of feeling every day would be some kind of dream come true. Sehun was different from Jennie, very different, and however incredible it was, Lisa knew he would never be at the same level as Jennie was for her. 

Jennie was special. Very special. And feeling so connected to Jennie, however much it scared her, also made her feel much stronger and more confident in herself.

Lisa lifted the lid and sighed, resting her shoulders.

Waking Jennie up with a song played for her with the piano could be interesting. Or not. Maybe Jennie doesn’t like to be waken up. But they must go back to Busan anyway. 

In almost a week the championship will begin and she had to improve her times to ensure she would win.

Lisa smiled to herself. Of course she would win, because she was going to give that trophey to Jennie. She had promised her that victory.

I should ink my skin with your name and take my passport out again and just replace it.

Jennie had woken up as she heard the piano, but she definitely had trouble getting out of bed.

See, I could do without a tan, on my left hand, where my fourth finger meets my knuckle, and I should run you a hot bath, fill it up with bubbles.

Lisa pressed the keys lightly, raising a little her voice, hoping to see Jennie appearing down the hall.

‘Cause maybe you’re loveable. Maybe you’re my snowflake. And your eyes turn from brown to gray, and in the winter I’ll hold you in a cold place.

She closed her eyes while her foot was on the piano pedal.

And you should never cut your hair, 'cause I love the way you flick it off your shoulder.

Jennie sat up calmly and walked down the hall, listening to Lisa's delicious voice breaking the silence of the house.

And you will never know, just how beautiful you are to me.