♥️Chapter One ~ How We Met♥️

Hunter was searching for a mysterious sandal fossil when he came across her again. "Have you seen a sandal fossil anywhere?" He asked her. "Oh, is this what you are looking for?" The girl said, holding out something that looked like a mirror image of the sandal fossil that Nick Nack had. "Yep, that's it," Hunter said. The girl held the sandal fossil out to Hunter and said, "here, you can take it. I have no interest in a sandal fossil. Thank you for showing me the Hip-shaker dance, by the way." She turned to leave, and Hunter was only just able to stop her. "Before you leave, what's your name?" He asked her. "My name?" She asked him. "Yeah," Hunter replied. "Well, my name is Duna. Might I ask what your name is?" She asked. "I'm Hunter. It's nice to meet you, Duna," Hunter said, holding out his hand. Duna flinched, but Hunter didn't notice. They shook hands and Duna left.

Later, inside of Mt Lavaflow, Hunter had just found the last tacky idol when Duna came up behind him. "Give it to me," she said cooly. "Why would you even care about this? It's just some tacky idol," he said in response. "It's not something that I can explain, but know this: that idol is much more interesting on the inside than its outward appearance would suggest. Now then, I will only say this once: hand over the idol," she said. Hunter turned to look at her.

She didn't look normal. She was like a glitching computer screen, flickering between two different people before finally stopping. Hunter's jaw dropped in surprise, and his eyes widened. In front of him stood, not the pretty blonde girl in the white dress, but a girl with pink hair, blue skin, and a tail. "Wh-what are you?" He asked her nervously. "Damn, the heat must have caused it to short out," she muttered to herself. She turned around and saw Hunter staring at her. Her look of worry quickly became a look of extreme annoyance. "That is not something that you can know. Now that you have seen my true form, I must eliminate you," she said. Inside of her head, however, she was thinking something completely different. I do not want to do this to Hunter, but I have no choice. I am so sorry that I must do this.

The battle ensued. Duna transformed again, her appearance now closely resembling a sort of space Delta. She also sent out two Vivosaur robots that resembled Zino. Hunter had an extremely hard time defeating her, but he eventually managed to successfully defeat her. "H-how? No one has ever defeated me before," she said. "There's a first time for everything," Hunter said. There was a loud rumble as an earthquake jolted the volcano. Hunter instinctively ran out of the way of a falling boulder, but Duna was not so lucky. By the time she had noticed the boulder, it was too late. The boulder fell on top of her, and she could feel herself suffocating. Hunter heard a faint voice say, "help," and he ran towards the boulder, took out his hammer for cleaning fossils, and began to pound the boulder, attempting to destroy it. In a matter of moments, the boulder was nothing but dust.

Hunter looked at Duna and saw a look of surprise on her face. "Y-you s-saved me. You don't know me well, but yet you saved me just the same. Why?" She asked him. "Because I'm not the kind of person that leaves someone behind to die," Hunter replied. "Meet me by the secret dock tonight, and I'll explain more, I promise," he said. Duna nodded and ran off.

~~~~~~~~~~That night~~~~~~~~~

Hunter stood by the secret dock, waiting for Duna. She walked over to him a few minutes after he started waiting. "So, what other reasons did you have for saving me?" Duna asked him. "I saved you because I love you," Hunter said. "I do not understand  what you mean by love," Duna responded. "It's like friendship, if you know what that is," he said. Duna nodded and Hunter continued. "Loving someone is like a friendship, but the two friends feel that they like the other friend as more than a friend. That's where the term relationship comes in. Two people who are in a relationship love each other. So, love like is a more intense form of like. Crap, I explained that terribly," he said. "No, you explained it well enough for me to know what you were talking about," Duna responded, "and I-I l-l-l-love y-y-you too," she stammered. "You do?" Hunter asked her. Duna simply nodded, blushing a deep pink. Hunter took her hands in his gently. Duna looked up at Hunter and blushed even more.

Hunter leaned towards her and kissed her. Feeling very uncomfortable, Duna began to struggle against the kiss. Hunter stopped and looked at her. "What were you doing?" Duna asked him. "I just kissed you. It's one of the ways that people express their love," he explained. "Next time, give me some sort of warning," Duna responded. Hunter looked at his pocket. He reached into it, pulling out a hand crafted charm. He held it out to Duna.

"What is it?" She asked him curiously. "It's a necklace. You wear it around your neck. This one happens to be a charm," Hunter explained to her. She took the charm from Hunter's hand and put it on. The charm was in the shape of a heart, and engraved on the surface of it were the letters D+H. The charm was also pale pink in color. "What do the D and the H stand for?" Duna asked Hunter curiously. "The H stands for Hunter, and the D stands for Duna," he said. Duna smiled warmly and thanked Hunter for the charm. She walked away, holding the charm in one of her hands. Hunter noticed that she was holding the charm close to her heart.

When Duna returned to the mothership, Dynal was waiting for her. "What took you so long?" He asked her. "Oh, uh, I was just, uh, finishing up my research results from today," she responded unconvincingly. Dynal simply nodded slightly and left. As soon as he had disappeared from view, Duna hurriedly put the charm around her neck and went to bed.

Hey guys, this is the first chapter of Intergalactic Love. Hopefully I can actually focus on this book without starting another at the same time. The next chapter will consist of the battles between <spoiler alert>. Hah, you really thought that I would just tell you everything the next chapter is going to be about? Nope! Anyway, remember to comment on the story, as I'm always looking for inspiration and tips to make my writing better, and as always, I will see you, in the next chapter. Buh-bye! (Yes, I did use Markiplier's outro, if you didn't know.)