💔Chapter Five ~ Loss of a King and a Father💔

Hunter and Duna arrived on the mothership and were immediately greeted by Raptin, who seemed to be in a rush. "I was wondering where you two were. Quickly, follow me, we don't have much time left," he said before running off, Hunter and Duna in hot pursuit. Raptin led them into a room that was all too familiar to Duna. The room was the same room that Dynal had shown her a number of times. He had told her that every King and Queen of the Dinaurians had passed away in the room. Duna's eyes found her father, and she didn't register anything except for him. She ran over to his side, with Hunter following her. She wanted to stay strong in her father's last moments, but she also wanted to cry. "Duna, I need to tell you that I am so proud. You began the transition of Dinaurian beliefs from seeing humans as animals to viewing them as our equals. You were an instrumental part of the destruction of Guhnash. Your selflessness is also a trait that, while I never possessed, I always greatly admired, and you will be a great Queen of the Dinaurians," Dynal told Duna, who let a few stray tears fall from her eyes. "It is okay to cry, my child. We all have our times when we need to cry. Even I have cried throughout my life," he told her. "Daddy, I want to stay strong in your final moments. I don't want to be in tears the last time you see me," she replied. "Duna, it will not bother me if I see you crying or not. If you need to cry, then cry, don't try to keep yourself from doing so," Dynal said.

"D-D-D-Daddy, c-can I g-g-give y-you one l-l-l-last h-h-hug?" Duna asked him, beginning to cry. "Of course, Duna," Dynal told her. He sat up, and Duna threw her arms around him. "I'm gonna miss you so much, Daddy," she said. "I will miss you too, Duna. I love you," Dynal told Duna. "I-I l-l-love y-you t-too, D-Daddy," she said. "Hunter, take good care of my daughter, please," Dynal said to Hunter. "I will, Your Majesty," he replied. "Duna, there is one last thing that I want to tell you," he said. "What is it, Daddy?" Duna replied. "Remember, I will always be watching over you. I have something for you. It's a charm that I've had for a while now, and I would like for you to have it, as a reminder that I will never be far away from you," he said, placing the charm in Duna's hand. They then embraced once more, and Duna whispered the last words that Dynal would ever hear. "Thank you so so much for the charm. I will never ever forget you, and I love you so, so, so much Daddy," she said. Then, Dynal said the last words that he would ever say. "I am so glad that you love the charm. I am proud of you, so, so proud of you, Duna Eopter Nichs. I love you too, my beautiful baby girl," he said. They continued to embrace up until the very end.

Duna felt the arms around her fall limp, and she knew immediately that he was gone. She gently laid him back down on the bed before she fell to the floor and started sobbing. Hunter knelt down beside her, pulling her into a tight hug. When this didn't work to calm her down, he decided that it would be better for her if they returned to Earth. He ran this idea by Raptin, who approved, adding that he would let them know when the funeral was going to be as soon as he knew. He bid Hunter and Duna farewell, and they returned to Earth. They didn't even notice Dr Diggins working on his time machine until he caughed. "Dr Diggins?" Hunter asked. "Hunter? Is that you?" Diggins asked him. "Yeah, it's me. Do you mind if Duna and I stay in your office for a bit?" He asked. "No problem, Hunter," Diggins replied. Hunter brought Duna up to Diggins' office, where she laid down on the couch and continued to sob. "Is there anything that you need right now?" Hunter asked her. "Well, I-I've got some things in my room on the mothership. Here, I'll make you a list," she said, calming down briefly. She finished writing down the list quite fast, and she handed it to Hunter.

Duna's list:

A Shanshan stuff animal
A blanket from when she was a baby
Two necklaces
Two bracelets
A ring
A handcrafted pendant
Her diary

End of Duna's list

"I'll get started on this right away, Duna. I'll be right back, I promise," Hunter said, moving to use his portable to device to return to the mothership. "Wait! Please don't go, Hunter," she said. "What should I do, then?" He asked. "We could always ask Raptin to get the things on my list," she suggested. "That sounds good to me. Let's do that," Hunter said. Duna used a special phone-like device to ask Raptin to collect what was on her list and then teleport to Dr Diggins' office.

A little over twenty minutes later, Raptin arrived, carrying a bag with everything that was on Duna's list inside. The first thing she took out of the bag was the blanket, which she proceeded to clutch to her chest, which was seemingly helping her calm down. She also grabbed the Shanshan stuffed animal and hugged it as tightly as she could. She asked Hunter if she could cuddle with him, and he happily told her that she could. Hunter was willing to do just about anything as long as it helped Duna feel better.

Whew. I'm glad that this chapter's over. This was definitely an emotional chapter for me to write. Bye bye for now.

By the way, the song is The Ghost of You by My Chemical Romance.