♥️Chapter Four ~ The Largest Storm To Ever Hit Vivosaur Island ♥️

There was suddenly a loud rumble, and Hunter looked at Duna, who nodded. Duna grabbed the hotel staff member, and the three of them ran towards the door. Hunter suddenly heard a loud, echoing scream from behind him. He turned around and saw that Duna had been pinned underneath a large piece of broken wood. The staff member was nowhere to be seen. Deciding that he couldn't just leave Duna pinned under the piece of wood, he turned back to try to pull her out from under it. After several unsuccessful attempts to free her, Hunter sent out his V-Raptor, Nychus, and U-Raptor to lift the heavy piece of wood off of Duna so that Hunter could pull her out from under it. The three Vivosaurs were able to lift the wood just enough for Hunter to free Duna. Hunter returned them to their dino medals, picked Duna up, and ran out of the hotel.

When they had finally escaped from the hotel, they found that it was still standing, but the second floor had collapsed onto the first floor. Duna looked around, and Hunter saw her eyes widen at the sight of the hundreds of pink leaves strewn across the ground. Hunter hurriedly grabbed a handful of them and put them into his backpack, picked Duna back up, and continued running. By the time they had reached the only safe place left, the basement of the Fossil Center, both Hunter and Duna had numerous scratches on their faces from being hit in the face by a number of branches. Hunter insisted that Duna needed help more than he did. Being that Duna was a Dinaurian, she was able to heal her legs much faster than a human could. Before even an hour had passed, Duna's legs had already fully healed due to her her healing ability.

The weather forecast said that the storm was rapidly growing and gaining strength, and that it would last for at least a week before dissipating. Almost everyone was sitting with a group of people. The only two people who weren't in a group were Hunter and Duna. "Maybe we can sneak over to the teleporter and teleport to the mothership," Duna whispered. "Yeah, lets get Holt and Dr Diggins too," Hunter replied quietly. Duna nodded, and they separated to find Holt and Dr Diggins.

While she was looking for Holt, Duna came across Rosie and Mr Richmond. "C'mon, I know a much safer place for you guys," she said. "Really? Where is this safe place, and how do we get there?" Mr Richmond asked her. "Yes, really. The safe place is the Dinaurian mothership, and all we need to do is use the teleporter down here, provided that it still works," Duna replied. "Well, a spaceship sounds much better than an underground storm shelter," he said. Rosie and Mr Richmond followed Duna and helped her find Holt. They met up with Hunter and Dr Diggins on the teleportation pad, and Dr Diggins took a strange pocket sized contraption from a pocket of his lab coat. He pressed a button on it, and it extended out to allow him to press the button to activate the teleporter. He had also left behind a hand painted sign telling the people how to use the teleporter, should the need arise.

When they arrived on the mothership, they found Dynal and Raptin waiting for them. For a reason that Hunter and Duna couldn't seem to figure out, Rosie seemed unable to speak. Neither of them noticed that she was looking at Raptin, who took one look at her and completely lost his composure for a split second. While trying to regain his composure, he accidentally fell flat on his face instead. Dynal's eyes widened in surprise at what had just happened around him. When he looked at Duna, he noticed that her hair had somehow gotten longer, and it looked like she had the beginnings of the wings that he had. This caused Dynal's eyes to widen even more. "Daddy, what's up?" Duna asked him. "Huh?" Dynal asked, snapping out of a trance. "I asked you what was up," Duna replied. "Oh, uh, I shall tell you later," he said nervously, and he left hurriedly.

Duna suddenly noticed that Raptin was staring at her the same way that Dynal was. She turned around to see if anyone had noticed Raptin's expression, only to find that everyone else was also looking at her the same way. "What?" She asked them. When no one answered, she left to find Dynal and ask him to explain why everyone was staring at her with wide eyes. She found him in a room with an open door. She entered the room and closed the door behind her. "Daddy?" She asked. "Oh, Duna. I wasn't expecting you to be here so soon," he said. "Why is everyone staring at me?" Duna asked him. "Well, it seems that my reign as the king of the Dinaurians is coming to an end sooner than I thought it would. You see, everyone is staring at you because your hair is longer, and you have the beginnings of the wings that I have," Dynal explained. "What does that mean?" Duna asked him nervously. "I do not know. It could mean that death is approaching me faster than I thought, but I really don't know," he said.

After a week, the storm had finally passed. In that time, Duna's hair had become even longer, and her wings had gotten larger. She had become increasingly nervous as well, knowing that she could loose her father at any moment, seeing as he had as much as told her that. Despite this, she still joined Hunter and the others when they returned to Vivosaur Island. Hunter saw that Duna looked somewhat sadder than he was used to. He pulled her to the side so that they could be alone. "Duna, what's bothering you?" He asked her gently. "Nothing. I'm fine," she responded. "Duna, I know for a fact that that isn't true. I'm used to seeing you upbeat and happy, not downcast and sad," he said. Duna sighed and looked at him, tears forming in her eyes. "Daddy might be dying," she managed to say before breaking down and crying on Hunter's shoulder. Hunter hugged her to help her calm down, but it only caused her to cry harder. "Do you want to go back to the mothership and be with him for as long as you can?" Hunter asked her. "Only if you come with me," she replied.

"Of course I'll come with you. I'll do anything for you," he said. Duna smiled at him and kissed him quickly before they left to go to the Fossil Center basement to teleport back to the mothership.

New chapter for you all to enjoy! It's honestly been so long since I last worked on this story that I had to read the entire thing from the beginning. Bye bye for now.