♥️Chapter Three ~ Don't Leave Me♥️

Hunter left the Fossil Center alone, as Duna had some things to take care of with Dr Diggins. Standing outside of the door was a young girl who seemed excited to see him. Before Hunter could say a word, the girl kissed him. He tried to push her away, but he couldn't. He still hadn't been able to get the girl away from him when Duna came out of the Fossil Center. She took one look at him, and tears began to form in her eyes, and she sprinted back inside. Finally, after ten minutes of this random girl kissing him, she left. Hunter had noticed Duna's reaction to what was happening, and he ran into the Fossil Center, desperately trying to find her.

Hunter looked in every room except for the basement, where the teleporter was. When he got to the basement, he immediately saw Duna sitting with her back to him, resting her head on the teleporter. Hunter noticed that she was shaking uncontrollably. Hunter took a step towards her, and she turned around. He saw her eyes widen at the sight of him. Then, he heard the words that he had hoped he'd never hear. "Go away. I hate you," she said. "Duna, please. I can explain," Hunter began. "You don't need to explain anything to me. I saw everything I needed to. I loved you, and you said that you loved me back, but now I can see that I can't trust you," she responded, "You never meant it when you said that you loved me. I was living a lie. I want to trust you, but I just can't anymore," she continued. "Here, take your stupid charm back," she said angrily, throwing the charm behind her. "You broke my heart, and I thought that I would be able to have a future with you, but I won't. Good-bye, Hunter," she said. In a matter of moments, she was gone. Hunter fell to the floor and cried.

When Duna returned to the mothership, she fell to her knees and put her head in her hands. She began to sob uncontrollably from the heartbreak she had experienced. Dynal teleported aboard moments later, nearly landing on top of Duna. "Duna, what's wrong?" He asked her. "H-h-he b-b-broke m-my h-h-h-heart," Duna managed to reply in between sobs. Dynal seemingly understood how she felt, and he knelt beside her and hugged her. "On my way back here, I saw Hunter. He looked just as distraught as you do. I hate to say this, given how you feel, but I believe that you and Hunter need each other. Please forgive him for whatever he has done, because I cannot bear to see you hurt this way," he said.

"I can't trust him enough to not break my heart again. You don't understand why I left him," Duna replied. "What did he do?" Dynal asked her. "I went to leave the Fossil Center, and I saw him kissing another girl. I ran down to the basement of the Fossil Center and I cried. When he came into the basement, I told him to go away, and that I hated him. He wanted to explain what happened, but I told him that I'd seen enough to know that he didn't really love me, and that I was living a lie. I told him that I know now that he never meant it when he said that he loved me, and I threw his charm back at him. I thought I had a future with him, but I guess I won't now. I will never trust him ever again," Duna explained.

"Duna, please think about what you are saying. I saw the way that you were when you were with him. He makes you happy, and you make him happy too. Without each other, you both become distraught. Without each other, both of you become depressed. I remember when you came back late at night after you were with him. I remember how you cried at night when you weren't around him. Please, give him a chance to explain himself before you make any decisions you might regret," Dynal said. "Fine, but only because I know that you won't let it go until I let him explain," Duna responded.

When Duna returned to the basement of the Fossil Center, she found Hunter in the same place that he was in when she left. "Hunter?" She asked softly. Hunter either didn't hear her, or he was ignoring her, as he didn't respond. "Hunter?" She asked him again, louder this time. He looked up and saw her standing in front of him. "Duna?" He asked. "Yes, it's me," she replied. "Why did you come back?" He asked, "I thought you said that you hated me." Duna looked at him in surprise. "Oh, that. It was just the heat of the moment, I guess. I will never hate you, Hunter. I know that whatever happened in front of the Fossil Center was something that you would never voluntarily do," she said. "So are you saying that you believe me?" He asked, "Of course I believe you!" Duna replied. "Can we get back together?" Hunter asked. "You don't need to ask to know my answer, Hunter," she responded happily. She leaned in and kissed him when the teleporter reactivated.

Neither of them noticed the teleporter, and they didn't break apart until they saw Dynal standing next to them. "Sorry to interrupt," he said, "but I have something that I must share with both of you." Hunter and Duna simply nodded and followed him. "Alright then. Duna, I don't wish to upset you with what I am about to tell you, but your parents, your biological parents, were actually never killed when Guhnash attacked Dinauria. You see, when I pulled you away from them, I wasn't saving just any Dinaurian, I was saving my daughter," Dynal explained. "Wait, so you're my biological father?!" Duna asked in surprise. "Yes," Dynal replied simply.

"That's not everything that I wanted to say," Dynal said, turning to Hunter. "Now then, I'm sure that you're wondering why I had you join us," he said. Hunter nodded, and Dynal continued. "I had you join us because I would like to tell you that, if you wish to, you can marry my daughter," he said. At this comment, Duna fainted, and Hunter looked shocked. "How did you know that I was planning on asking you about that?" He asked. "Well, I am very observant. I have seen how you feel about her, and I have seen how she feels about you," Dynal said. "Besides, now that Raptin nearly caused the extinction of both humans and Dinaurians, he is no longer an eligible heir to the throne," Dynal explained. "Yes, Raptin is my son, and he was going to take the throne after I passed, but, as I said, he is ineligible now," Dynal elaborated. "Which would mean that the throne would go to -" Dynal began, "Duna, right?" Hunter supplied. "Indeed," Dynal answered. "Wait, if I married her, wouldn't that also make her ineligible?" Hunter asked.

"No, Hunter. I managed to change the law requiring that a royal Dinaurian had to marry another Dinaurian to be eligible for the throne to state that as long as a royal Dinaurian is married, they are still eligible for the throne, no matter what species the being is that the Dinaurian chooses to marry, whether that being is Dinaurian or not," Dynal explained. Hunter smiled as Dynal left to get back to the mothership. Once Dynal was gone, Hunter picked Duna up in his arms and carried her to his hotel room, where he gently laid her down on his bed. Next, he made her something to eat, and he put it next to her for when she woke up.

Duna woke up to the smell of freshly made omelettes, her favorite food. She smiled as she saw that Hunter had made them the way that she liked them. She paused for a moment, trying to figure out why she was in Hunter's hotel room, when she suddenly remembered that she had fainted when Dynal mentioned that Hunter could marry her if he wanted to. The thought of that moment almost caused her to faint again. She had just finished her omelettes when Hunter came back. He took her plate to wash it before returning to give her a kiss on the forehead. He sat down next to her and turned on his television. All over the news, an alert was being shown for a large storm heading straight for Vivosaur Island. Hunter suddenly seemed to notice that he and Duna were on the top floor of the hotel, and he began scrambling to get things that they would need, such as food, a radio to keep track of the weather, water, and clothes. They left the hotel room and took the elevator down to the ground floor. Seconds after they exited the elevator, the building shook with the force of the wind.

"I thought that the weather forecast said that the storm wasn't going to hit until tomorrow!" Duna shouted over the sound of the wind. "I know, this was unexpected! Luckily we got out of the elevator before the storm hit, otherwise we'd probably be trapped in the elevator right now!" Hunter shouted in response.

Wow, the first part of this chapter made me cry while I was writing it because of how emotional it was. Anyway, the rest of the storm will be in the next chapter. Until next time, I bid you all farewell.