House Warming

You arrived at your apartment from an hour jog around your neighborhood

You arrived at your apartment from an hour jog around your neighborhood. The cold air hitting upon your body eased your thoughts and memories. Terrible memories. You tried to continue with your life, but the most humiliating moment kept replaying. "It's been so long. Why am I not over this?" you complained out loud.

You headed to the kitchen, seeking for the fruit you placed in the refrigerator. Unexpectedly, the phone rang. "Not now, Dunk." you sighed, knowing exactly who was calling.

"The hell do you want?" you teased.

"Damn, Y/N. Can't I say good morning to my girl?" questioned Janet, your childhood friend. "Good morning.." you greeted. "Now, the hell do you want?"

"Girl, I don't have time for you. I wanted to remind you that Michael's house warming is tonight." she replied. One particular word forced you to cringe. "I-It's tonight?" you stuttered, feeling the butterflies develop in your stomach. "Yes, Y/N! We talked about this all week." she argued. "Yes, I know we did. But-"

"You're not stepping out on me are you?" Janet asked rather upset by your second thoughts. "Maybe?"

"Y/N!" she yelled.

"I'm sorry. I just don't know, ok?! It's been six years since I've last seen your brother. And I don't want to embarrass myself again." you wept, shaken by the thought of him. "Listen... I know he was an ass to you. And got on him for that. But, he's not a bad person. All you have to do is just say hi. That's it."

"Easy for you to say. You're related to him!" you howled. "Please, Y/N?! I don't want him to think you hate him for what he did." she reassured. "I don't hate him, Janet. I just can't trust him." you stated, trying to hold back tears. "He asked me about you.. and if you don't come, it's gonna really hurt him."

"He did?" your face lightened up. "Yeah. So please come? I believe it'll do you some good.  Both of you." Even though you were hesitant about the whole situation, you couldn't say no. "When does it start?" "Ahhh! Yay! Starts at eight o'clock sharp. Don't be late. And if you don't show up, it's you and me, bitch." Before you could clap back, she hung up. "Well bye, hoe." you joked. You sighed shakily, remembering exactly what happened that night.

~ Six years ago ~

"Y/N...Y/N? Y/N!" Janet yelled. You jumped, startled by her yelling. "Janet, I'm right here." "No, your body was. Your mind was someplace else. Now spill it." she crossed her arms with such sass. "Spill what? What are you talking about?" you questioned. "Don't act clueless, Y/N. You're thinking about Michael aren't you?" she smirked.

"For being his sister, you're ok with the fact I have a crush on him." you giggled, feeling embarrassed by her knowing your gaga for her brother. "Everybody does. I'm used to it." she shrugged. "But there's something about him though, Janet. He's not just attractive. He's charming and sweet. I can't help but smile every time he speaks to me." you sighed softly, looking down.