A Revolution

"D, wake up. It's Morning. Look at the moon. It's a full moon day." VJ said. The ceiling had never felt more comfortable than then. D moaned, and turned to the other side, away from VJ.

"D, we got company." he said. D got up - or rather down - alarmed.

"What do you mean? Who?" he asked.

"Yea, this house is haunted. He's in his room. Hasn't woken up yet. I just saw and I thought we should get going soon. So here I am. Now get down. Let's go." said VJ. They exited the room just in time to be stopped by a blurry figure in the hallway(D had been rubbing his eyes). As his eyes adjusted back to normal, D saw the peculiar person blocking their way.

He or she had their entire body covered by a white sheet. There were two black holes where the eyes would've been.

"You are in my home!" it said. He said, his gruff voice was a dead giveaway.

"Oh, we're sorry... We didn't mean to -"

"Welcome! When did you guys sneak in? I didn't see you come in," the man said, cutting VJ off. D was still frozen to his spot with his mouth slightly open.

"Oh, last night. We had to escape this dog." VJ said.

"Oh, those insects! They're always causing a ruckus, can't even take a walk around here without them sniffin' and barkin' at ya," the man said, apologetically. "Oh, where are my manners. My name is Jon. And you are?"

His sheet bulged near his hip. Must be his hand. Hopefully.

VJ shook it and introduced both of them. It was a hand. D sighed silently to himself.

"Well, you're welcome to stay as long as you want. I don't mind at all." Jon said.

"Oh thank you. But we won't be staying long. Just until day, maybe. When it's dark enough to go out, we'll be on our way." VJ said. D finally snapped out of his trance.

"Actually, I have something to tell the both of you. Something big." he said.

"Oh, so you can talk," Jon said. "Sure, you can wait in that room," he said, pointing at the room they'd slept in. "That's always empty. I'll be right there." He disappeared into another room.

VJ cast a puzzled look at D as they entered the room they were told to. "Wha-" he started.

"Okay, wait. I have a few questions first, as always and these ones can't wait. What is up with him? The sheet..." D said.

"Oh, people who choose not to show their appearance wear that. They mostly are the ones who died in fires. Do not mention that before them! That's a touchy topic." VJ explained.

"Knock knock," Jon said standing at the open door, his hand bulge hanging mid-air pretending to be knocking. VJ panicked and stamped D's foot.

"Ow!" D cleared his throat. "Come in, Jon."

"So what is this big thing we ought to know right away?" VJ asked.

About 10 minutes later, it was VJ who had his mouth hanging open this time.

"So, the screaming. That's fear?" he asked.

"Yes! For like the fifth time, yes VJ." D said exhausted, having answered all their numerous questions and doubts.

"Well what could we do with this information, anyway?" Jon asked.

"This opens up so many doors, Jon. Don't you see? You ghosts can rise up. Won't need to run and hide from them anymore." D said. VJ nodded in agreement. Jon wasn't having any of it.