A Resolution

Where am I? Where's VJ? Oh no.

It was like Deeraj had just woken up. But instead of being on a ceiling, i.e., like a normal person, he was in the middle of some road completely breathless with no memory of how he got there.

Okay. Retrace your steps. VJ. Who's VJ? Right. Baby hand. And I ran from him. Why?

He was having the most severe headache. Memories came to him in flashes.

There was a party. VJ, he said... Something.

The image of VJ's lips alone made its way into his head, from their last conversation.

Aaa... Aah. What is ah-ah? Oh this is bad.

His tongue had touched the roof of his mouth. Deeraj mimicked the same.

Nnaa. Aa... Aahna!

He remembered only her; and home. His head hurt so much he could taste it. He staggered onto some yellow pointy thing made of brick on the side of the road. He pushed it behind him and staggered along. Painted in black letters on it were the words "Gandhi Street".

Oh, why is the first thing I do when I feel anything is run!

"Aahna!" he shouted through cupped hands. There was no reply other than the echo of his own voice. He broke into tears right then and fell to his knees. "I'm sorry. I tried. Not my best - not damn near my best - but I did Aahna, I promise." he said to the ground, sobbing and sniffling.

The early signs of Night was already showing. He was ready to give up. He had already started consoling himself with assurances.

It'll be okay. I'll forget completely soon enough. No tethers. No emotions. I'll just love here, clueless about any of this. Huh, what do you know? VJ was right, that is kinda beautiful. I can truly let the past go, when some people would kill to be able to get to do this. This place is not so bad. Wait...

He heard something. It was just the most beautiful piece of music he'd ever heard, he only remembered this one. But he knew it was true. It was simple, and silent. But still melodic. He followed the music. It grew slightly louder and louder. It led him to the front of a house. He knocked.

"See, that's going to be someone from your school bus." said the elderly woman, who opened the door, to someone inside. Deeraj dodged her and entered the house through the open door. The woman looked outside, clicked her tongue and closed the door. The music was coming from the TV. A lone spaceman was floating through blackness. A young girl, was seated in front of the TV, watching it intently.

"Aahna!" Deeraj screamed once the realization set in. She didn't react. She didn't hear.

She waved her arm, dismissively at their mother and said, "There's time, ma! If the bus has arrived, they can wait a couple minutes. I can't go now. It's the -"

"The best part." Deeraj said with her. He couldn't stop it, tears welled in his eyes once more.

I should show myself.

He stopped himself before he did that. He wasn't the only one who had teared up, he noticed. He realized how hard what happened must have been for her too. He didn't want to undo any progress she might've made in getting over his absence.

COOPER(IN THE MOVIE) : LOVE, TARS. LOVE.

Their mother screamed at her some more, just loud enough that it was only audible inside their home, in her signature fashion.

COOPER : IT'S THE KEY!

The TV went black. The remote was in their mother's hand. Aahna quickly wiped her tears and turned around.