Part 4

You woke from your slumber abruptly. You shielded your eyes as a beam of light cut through the darkness of your room. A metal tray slid in and you tried desperately to make human contact, just to have the darkness return to you with the slam of the door. You slowly crawled over to the tray, hands gliding over it as you investigated its contents. Food. You stomach rumbled but you denied the gesture as you crawled back over to your corner. You sat there in silence, minutes turning into hours, hours turning into days. The cycle repeating, door would open, metal tray sliding towards you, followed by the slam of the door.

"Boss, she's not eating. We give her food but she doesn't even touch it. It's been three days." Simon said to Negan, updating him about you. His mouth curling downward slightly, "Alright. Take her out. Have her in my office in five minutes." Simon obeyed with a nod before turning to walk back to your door.

Once again the door opened, you waited for another tray to come sliding, but it never came, rather in its place was a silhouette of a man. You looked over, covering your sensitive eyes. "Come on out sweetheart, Negan wants to talk to you." Simon told you. Your body slowly got up and you inched closer to Simon. You could feel how weak you've become. "How long have I been in there?" you asked him. With a simple answer he said "Three days." You were shocked, it had seemed like you were in there for twice as long. You walked next to Simon as your knee buckled, you stumbled. Simon's strong hand wrapped around your waist and asked "You alright? Are you okay to walk?" You shook him off of you in protest, "I'm fine, I don't need help." you simply stated. Simon chuckled in amusement of your stubbornness. "I'm starting to see why Negan likes you so much." You just looked at him with no emotion, to drained to even say anything smart back to him.

Simon knocked on the big mahogany door to Negan's office. "Come in." you heard Negan yell from the other side. Simon reached for the doorknob and opened the door. You looked at him before taking a deep breath and walking in. You looked like shit. Plain and simple, and probably smelled a little ripe too. Three days locked in a damp room in this heat; it's a wonder that you didn't have a heatstroke. Too tired to care about the way you smelled, you only cared about if you looked as bad as you felt. You didn't want Negan to think that he broke you.

There he was. He sat behind a grand desk in a black leather chair. He was turned around facing the window; he heard your footsteps stop as he slowly turned around to face you. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped slightly as he looked at you. "Doll, you look like shit. Have you seen yourself? Oh and have you smelled yourself, goddamn doll." Negan ranted. You didn't care, your jaw tightened as you grew impatient. "You finished yet?" you broke your silence. Negan raised his eyebrows as he lifted out of his chair, walking over to you, "Now come on doll, you don't want to go back to your special room now do you? Your mouth was the reason I put you in there in the first place. Sit." He motioned for you to sit. You thought about what he said as you cautiously sat down. He leaned up against the front of his desk and flat out said "You have a choice to make doll. You can A, choose to work for me as a savior, go on runs and do pick-ups. You get a nice room; you work for points to get what you want around here. Or option B, you can be my wife." He smiled as he lifted his arms out like he was showcasing himself to you, he continued, "With that option, you get a room like this, you don't have to work for points, you want something, you get it. But best of all, you get me." Waiting to see if he was finished before you spoke, "Okay, I choose-" He cut you off, "Now before you pick so quickly, I want you to think about this, take a walk around the sanctuary, I'll have Simon take you. So you can really think about what's best for you and your new life here."

You stared at him, nodding indefinitely to make sure you weren't going back to that hell hole. "Would it be too much to ask for some new clothes and a shower?" you sheepishly asked not wanting to set him off. "Yeah, I'll have Simon get you some clothes and you can use my shower. And eat for fucks sake would you!" he said. You got up from the couch, thanking him with a small smile before heading out the door. Simon was standing just outside of Negan's door. Speaking to Simon, Negan said "Get her some new clothes, she can shower here. Then once she's all cleaned up take her to eat, get whatever the fuck she wants. Take her on a tour, and then bring her back here." Simon agreed quickly before he turned and started walking, "Come on, let's get you some clothes." You followed quickly behind him as he rounded the corner, Negan still watching you.