Part 11

Negan took you back to his room and helped you inside. "You can stay with me so I can keep an eye on you and help you get around." he said as he helped you to sit on the edge of his bed. You removed your arm from around his neck and smiled at him.

"Thank you, Negan." you replied to his offer, trying to adjust yourself so you could recline on his bed.

You found this movement difficult because of the amount of pain your body was in, as well as only having one arm available for use, the other was in a sling for the time being. He noticed you were uncomfortable and looked at you offering you help. "I got it." you said sternly.

"I never said you didn't." he laughed slightly, putting his hands up, sarcastically surrendering. "You can have the bed until you are feeling better. I'll take the couch."

You looked at him surprised, "Really?" you asked him.

"Yeah, you're hurt. And you've already claimed it" he smiled, "You're all sprawled out in the middle, there isn't any room for a whole lotta man you get to call Husband." he said laughing with his arms spread. "And it hurts you to move around right now so..."

You bowed your head and smiled not wanting to encourage him. "How thoughtful and gentleman like. Thanks, my whole lotta man, Husband." you laughed. You started coughing which caused you to wince in pain holding your broken ribs. "ugh, I'm good." you reassured him.

"Do you need anything, Doll?" he asked while he laid a pillow down on the couch and grabbed a blanket.

"No, I'm perfectly fine." you replied with a smile, "Did you notice Mary, before we left, you promoted her, she was more scared than usual. What happened?"

He took a deep breath, "Uh..." he paused, looking at you.

You narrowed your eyes at him, "What?"

"Okay, but first just promise you won't be mad at me, I did it for you." he paused waiting for your response.

"Depends on what happened, Negan. So are you gonna tell me or am I just going to have to find out on my own. You know I'll find out, you can't keep secrets. That's what get people killed."

"I killed the doctor. At the meeting." he blurted out, biting his lip and squeezing his eyes shut waiting for you to yell at him.

You were caught off guard, dumbfounded almost. "Um, okay. You must have had a good reason to do so because as you knowdoctor's aren't common commodities now." you said calmly.

Your response shocked him, "That's it? You're not mad? You're not gonna rip me a new one?"

You shook your head and looked at him, "Why did you do it? Because of me? He gave me pain medication while I was unconscious." Negan remained silent, you sighed, "Really Negan, really." he tried explaining himself but you didn't allow it, "No, I don't, nope." you shook your head, "Nope. Good night."

Later on in the night you woke up in a cold sweat and you felt sick. You looked over to Negan and saw that he was fast asleep, mouth open, little drool the whole nine, passed out. Well, best not wake the beast from his slumber, let's do this. You took your arm out of the sling and managed to scoot yourself up a little with minimal pain. You reached for the edge of the blanket and swung it off of you, you winced, the pain slightly more intense but you can handle it. Your eyes snapped over to Negan, who was still sound asleep on the couch.

You lifted the collar of your shirt in between your teeth and rolled yourself off the bed, feet landing on the ground and you bit down hard on your shirt stifling a scream. You used Negan's furniture as support along the way to the bathroom. Eventually you made it without waking him up. You lifted the toilet seat and spent the next couple of minutes throwing up.

After you finished, you flushed the toilet and walked over to the sink and rinsed out your mouth and used a towel to wipe off the sweat from your face. You took a deep breath and looked at yourself in the mirror for the first time since the accident. Your head was wrapped where you hit your head and your face and shoulder had several smaller cuts on it. Your cut on your shoulder had the stitches in it and it burned. "Eh, could be worse. I look more badass now." you said to yourself in the mirror.

You began your journey back to the bed, on your way you noticed that the sun was starting to rise and lighten up the room. You were almost back to the bed when your foot kicked the coffee table causing Negan to wake up. Shit, so close.

Negan's eyes peeled open and his hand brushed his hair back, "What? What'd I miss? You need help Darlin'?" he said as he sat up.

"I didn't mean to wake you up, sorry." you said smiling walking over to him.

He stared laughing laying his head back down, "Don't be, doll. You were supposed to wake me up for help."

You sat down on the couch by his legs, "I don't need help."