Chapter 11

*A Couple Months Later*
I only have three or so more months until my baby is born. That is both exciting and scary. At least I'm vacation from school. The thing is, in the UK kids only get six weeks off. How was I supposed to know this if I had been a wild for all my life. Anyway, since the baby is so close to being born, Matei has made the decision to get us a house for us all to live in. Emilia, Matei, the baby, and I. Oh, forgot to mention the gender of the baby. I will be having a beautiful baby girl. I'm so happy to be having a girl. Like my parents, I'd love to have a boy as well.

Matei has already gotten a job in order to support the family. He's working at the Kafe of course. Katrina is a great boss. If Jana could deal with her, then so can Matei. I will be making the nursey while he's at work. Emilia will be helping me with anything that I need.

I paint a full moon in the night. On a hill is a howling wolf. Maybe this image will help her realize who she is at a young age. She won't know she's a wolfblood until the age of eight, at least. Emilia helps me build the crib and a few other things. When we finish building the room, we take a break. Emilia makes me soup again. She's such a sweetheart.

Matei comes home from work just then.
"Hey, babe." Matei said, kissing me.
"Hey, how was work?" I asked.
"Good, busy in there today." Matei said.
"Oh. That's not too good for your first day." I said.
"It's all good. Jana and Katrina helped me out." Matei said.

That evening, the pack comes over to visit. They wanted to see how far along I've gotten. I am huge. I'm seven months. My baby is getting big, and is kicking.
"Could I feel?" Selina asked.
"Sure." I said.
Selina places a hand on my belly. She feels the baby kick.
"Oh, woah. She kicked me hard." Selina said.
"Yeah, she does that. She's already showing strength not normal to humans. That's how you know." I said.
"I'm so excited. What'd you name her?" Jana asked.
"Matei?" I asked.
"Okay, so we haven't decided yet." Matei said.
"She's seven months along and you haven't chosen a name?" TJ asked.
"Do you guys have any ideas?" I asked.
"You could give her a name common in the wild; Reika." Jana suggested.
"That's good. What about something pretty like Aurora." Selina said.
"Oh, what about Charlotte." TJ said.
"Luna, like the moon." Emilia said.
"Stella is related to the stars." Matei said.
"Emilia, you're a genius. I love the name Luna. We could use Stella as her middle name. Matei, as the man in the family, we'll use your last name." I said.
"It's settled then. Our baby's name is Luna Stella Covaci." Matei said.
"Brilliant, absolutely brillant." Selina said.

With our baby's name chosen, all that's left is actually having her. Jana suggested once she's born that we dedicate her to the pack. That's what you're always supposed to do when a new cub is born. The dedication is very simple. The alpha, in our case Jana, would say a few phrases in the wolfblood language, saying that this cub is ours and protected by us. When that is finished, the cub is placed on a soft blanket on the ground. We turn to wolves and howl all around her.

By moonrise, everyone had left. Matei and I still had some planning to do. With school still being one of our priorities, we would need to find a way to take care of Luna at the same time. I think Selina's parents would be open to babysitting while Matei and I are at school. I call Selina to see if her parents would do it. She told me she'd ask. After about ten minutes, she calls me back. Her parents would love babysitting when she's born. Good, that's checked off the list.

The next morning, I get ready for the day. Matei headed off to work and I'm left with Emilia. We continued to work on the nursery. I added a wolf plushie in the crib. Emilia paints a quote she found online about wolves. The quote is:
For the strength of the pack is the wolf and the stength of the wolf is the pack." ~Rudyard Kipling.
I like Emilia's handwriting. It's elegant and neat. As you can tell, Luna's room is wolfblood themed. I mean, how else would we style it? As a finishing touch, I go to the shop and buy a moon light that changes with the phases of the moon. It's really cool.

Matei comes home.
"Baby, I want you to see the finished nursery." I said.
"Ok." Matei said.
I blindfold Matei and lead him into the nursery. I take the blindfold off as we get into the room.
"Surprise!" Emilia exclaims.
"Woah, this is amazing." Matei said.
"Yeah, took a lot of work." I said.
"I can tell." Matei said.
"Two days of work really brought this room to life." I said.
"I feel bad for not helping." Matei said.
"Don't worry. We got it under control." Emilia said.
"Let's celebrate your good work with dinner, yeah?" Matei asked.
"Dinner sounds really good right about now." I said.

We go out to dinner. Matei praises us for our hard work. We tell him to quit because hearing it over and over was getting old. We finish dinner and head back home. That night, I had cramps all night. The cramps had caused me to vein up. I can't wait until Luna is out of me. I want to meet her so bad. I'm sure Matei and Emilia really want to meet her too. I'm wondering if Luna will transform around her early teens or late, like TJ. I guess I'll have to wait and see.