T W E N T Y 5

Haeun loved more than anything to snuggle into bedsheets on a Saturday morning. She would feel like the little girl from that Studio Ghibli film, slipping into the quiet comforts of totoro's peaceful abode. 

But then there came the usual sting of a hand in contact with her butt to see Haeun's mother, ready to kick her off onto the hard floor.

" What do you think you're doing? You're not going to be sleeping for the whole day are you? I. Want. You. Out. Of. This. Bed. Now." Haeun's mother said, giving Haeun a firm pinch on her back.

That did the trick. Haeun had grumpily shuffled out of bed, feeling the singe of the cold tiled floor before heading into the bathroom. Ah that was right, as if she had forgotten the horrying nightmare of yesterday.

How long ago was that video?

Haeun shook the image of her old self out of her head as she spread the peppermint toothpaste onto her brush.

What would people think of her?

After cleaning up for the chore filled day, Haeun walked out of the bathroom, ignoring the small little jabs of pain lodged within her sullen heart.

•••

" Minjae you gotta grab our loot-HOOOOO BRO MINJAE ARE YOU STUPID? I'M NOT REVIVING YOU NOW." Jae's voice was heard across the house. Haeun rolled her eyes, rubbing her temples.

He just wouldn't shut up.

"  COULD YOU SHUT UP FOR A YEAR JAE? YOU'RE VOICE IS GOING TO MAKE ME GO DEAF." Haeun called from the other side.

" SORRY MINJAE MY SISTER'S SAYING SOMETHING STUPID AGAIN."

There would be a day where Haeun was going to smash Jae's play station with a bat. Until then, she could only do so in her dreams.
After finishing up her math hw, Haeun decided to head downstairs to enjoy a morning meal of some miso soup and rice.

" Mom, I'm going out today."

" Why? When? Where? "

" I'm just going to a web cafe to..uh..meet up with a friend? "

" You have friends? "

" Yes. We have to uh finish something." Haeun was shaking her heading internally.

" You're horrible at lying. You have chores to do at home Haeun." Haeun's mom said, sitting across from her. Haeun let out a sigh.

" Please mommmm. I'll work really hard, I promise."

" Then in that case when you come back you're doing Jae's clothes too. Got it?"

" Mommmmm." Haeun whines.

" And no complaining."

•••

Upon entering the comfy web cafe, Haeun stares in horror as she spots the last person she'd ever want to see.There sat Jungkook sitting comfily on one of the computers.

His computer was brightly lit and his hair was tucked into a plain black ball-cap, probably playing overwatch or Pubg, or maybe even Fortnite.

Of course she would meet him here.

Of course.

But obviously this was the weekend and Haeun had no intention of ruining her already perfectly fine day. So she looks around and sees Aruem, headphones and all , tapping aggressively on the keyboard, eyes digging into the screen.