T H I R T Y 4

And just like that, the semester had finished. The students were emailed their class lists and to her great surprise, Haeun had a different class from both Jungkook and Mirae. Haeun pulled herself back from her chair, watching her mother flip a page of her book while stirring a pot of boiling rice. Jae was also in the living room, playing video games on the computer.

A new semester. It didn't seem like much, but it felt like the world was collapsing under her feet. And as much as she wanted to completely ignore the idea, Jungkook was right. She did like tutoring him.

" Haeun did you study for your finals yet? Time is money," Haeun's mom called out, watching her daughter sighing unconsciously every few seconds. Haeun nodded her head, hoping that her mom would at least believe her so that she could escape from her house, even for just a few minutes.

Within the past few months, Haeun had laughed, and even cried ( something she rarely did) just for a silly little vice principal.

Handsome? Yes.

But that wasn't the point. She was slowly, little by little, slipping away from the truth. Haeun closed her eyes letting her self drift into the cold afternoon. It was like she was caught in a rose garden. She followed her eyes, followed the willingness in her heart only to feel the prickling of thorns.

" Is it just me or am I just getting a little too cheesy?" Haeun laughed to herself, heading off to wherever her legs would take her.

•••

Haeun finds her self walking around the quiet neighborhood, watching the light of the house give a path, hearing sound of a cat's meow. Haeun turn's her head and spots the little calico kitten yawning softly. It was Yeo, it same little kitten from before. Haeun smiles looking at the graceful creature.

Yeo was no longer the frail kitten she knew. After reaching out her finger, Yeo hisses rather tiredly, waiting for Haeun's hand to move away. But after Haeun rubs the back of the feline's ears, Yeo starts to purr, leaning into her touch as she had done months back. Haeun let out a laugh and trace small circles across the splotches of orange white and black fur.

" Has your family been treating you well? " Haeun asks. But the kitten doesn't respond and rather closes her eyes, moist pink nose scrunching cutely.

" Did you get bored of me already? " Haeun asks and Yeo opens her eyes, waiting for Haeun to continue massaging her.

" I see you're still as petty as always." Haeun smiles, watching Yeo's little paws trying to claw at her.

" Noona? What are you doing here?" a familiar voice asks. Haeun turns her head to see Hyunbin staring right back at her. Hyunbin was wearing a cute little leather jacket paired up with a red bandana tied against his forehead. Haeun sputtered a laugh as the kid walked to him.

" Hyunbin? What are you doing over here? And by yourself too." Haeun stares down at the kid. Hyunbin gives her a cheeky smile.

" This is my house, duh." He smiled looked over at the calico cat before his eyes widen.

" And you know Yeo too?" he asks, picking up the cat in his hands before stroking her back.

" Uhh..yes? Wait if you live here then-oh my god." Haeun gasped

" Kim Haeun. " Hoseok states, right on cue. Hoseok seemed different this time around. Today, rather than a sweatband, he was wearing a black ballcap along with a black bomber jacket and jeans, simply adding to the whole 15-year-old-emo-phase vibe.

" Oh it's you," Haeun said, huffing lightly while she continued to gush over Hyunbin's little outfit.

" What are you doing here?"