f i f t e e n

Bailey woke with a start as she felt her head hit something mildly hard

Bailey woke with a start as she felt her head hit something mildly hard. She groaned and peaked up only to see the underside of Adrian's jaw. His adams apple was kind of blocking her view of his sharp jaw though.

She looked to the side and finally realized that Adrian was running with her in his arms. Much faster than an average human might she add.

"Adrian?" she rasped. "Where's my brother?"

"I sent him home. Don't worry, he's safe," he said while still running.

Bailey looked out into the distance and noticed they were running towards a dark patch that looked oddly a lot like the ocean.

"Adrian! We're gonna run into the-"

Her mouth dropped opened as he ran across the water. He wasn't even moving that fast.

A sudden sneeze escaped her and a little bit of sparkly dust floated around them.

"Shit, baby. What did you do?" Adrian asked as he began hovering over the water, his feet dangling awkwardly in the air as he held her.

She looked down and noticed the were rising higher and higher away from the ocean. "I didn't mean it," she cried as she spotted two men watching from the shore line.

"I know," he said quietly as he tucked her head into his chest. "This is pretty cool though."

The dust started wearing off so they began slowly dropping back towards the ocean. And then all at once it wore off and they dropped into the dark ocean with a splash.

Bailey was no longer in Adrians arms.

Instead she was sinking to the bottom of sea floor.

A sudden moment of de ja vu hit her and she panicked. She didn't like the feeling.

It was so dark, Bailey didn't know which way was up and which way was down. So she just closed her eyes tight and began kicking her legs.

A light glow made her eyes shoot open and she noticed that her ginger hair was glowing slightly, lighting up the way to the surface. Without missing a beat, she immediately began racing to the surface.

She burst out of the water with a gasp before frantically searching for Adrian. "Adrian? Adrian where are you!?"

She screamed as a glowing rope dropped in front of her and wrapped around her leg, dragging her back to the shore where the two men were standing. Her mouth filled with water as she skipped over the water like a flat rock. 

The rope burned her skin as it tightened around her leg, keeping her from freeing herself. She flopped around in the ropes hold until she was finally dragged up onto the sand, the small grains burning her thighs.

"Get away from me!" she shouted as the two men stooped down on one knee.

"Look at her brother. So feisty," the man without scruff on his face said. 

The other man she recognized as the cute little sparrow at the gas station.

"Who are you two?"

"Why, darling. You should know little mariposa," said the one with the scruff on his face. He gently picked her up by her underarms and dangled her out in front of him, examining her carefully.

"Atchoo!" Bailey sneezed right into the mans face and he dropped her to the ground as the dust collected in front of his face. She watched in awe as he stumbled back and then passed out, falling to the sand with a thump.

The other mans eyes flashed a fire color and he sneered. "You little witch. You'll regret that."

She scrambled out of the way as he lunged for her and then scampered off the ground and made a quick dash for it.

"Adrian!" She shouted. 

A strange feeling filled her and she couldn't quite explain it, but it made her anxious. Like the calm before the storm.

Her eyes searched desperately for Adrian through the rain but instead of finding Adrian, a flash of blue lighting struck in front of her that made her stumble backwards into the sand. She looked on wide-eyed as the smoke from the lighting began to form into a person, or more so... Adrian.

A strange mist cleared from around him and Bailey took in the sight of his silver and blue hair and his strange icy gray eyes. His shoulders were broad and he had rain water dripping down off his hair and eyelashes and it ran a trail down his neck and to his exposed collar bones.

And what shocked her the most were the two huge wings extending from his muscled back. 

"Bailey," he said and his voice echoed huskily through the rain. "There's something I need to tell you."

She nodded hesitantly, her body trembling as she sat in the wet sand in complete shock.

"I'm your guardian angel."