Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

“You're a bitch you know that?”

If you're wondering who I'm talking to, well, carry on wondering!

“Why am I a bitch Jai? I simply did what your father asked of me!”

She seriously has to ask that?! “You seriously have to ask that!? How can you not know!” Harsh I know, but, honestly, she deserves it! If she hadn't of grabbed me, I would have been able to get away from that damned portal and save not only my dignity but my sanity for, if I have to go through torture in that place again I am surely going to go insane and trust me, an insane me is a dangerous me.  

Why dangerous, you may be wondering, well, let me fill you in on what it is really like to be a successful succubus. We have the ability to vanish into thin air when in reality, the particles in our body just spread out and we can move, but, to the man, or woman, we are working for at the moment, we just disappear into the nothingness of the atmosphere. Along with that, seeing as though I am one of the leaders off Hell's daughter, I have inherited his ability to manipulate not only fire, but lava and heat along with anything else to do with Hell itself and  being able to hypnotise our 'victims'. When we lose control of ourselves and have high negative emotions such as anger, hate, rage or jealousy, we get lost in our powers and it is next to impossible to fetch us back to our usual selves and, if we have been wronged in the past, it is more than likely that we will go back for revenge and I can guarantee that there is no way it will be a pretty sight to witness. I have only witnessed it once when an Incubus went through their morphing and he had been abused all of his life, and, when he went back to visit his little sister, his 'parents' banished him from his house and ever seeing his little sister again who, may I just add, is the only person who showed him kindness and he couldn't take it so he went on a killing spree, killing every person who laid not only a finger on his head but who dared say anything or do anything to his little sister. Certainly not a pretty sight and, at the end of the spree, I believe he had killed, tortured or captured 44 men, women and children and the only person able to fetch him out of his rage was his little sister when she was crying tears and showed fear, of him...

It was not only heartbreaking but also eye-opening. It made me wonder, would I ever go through something like that?

“You didn't have to do it! You could have reasoned with him!”

“Jailean, I am not you and yes, he might be my Uncle but that doesn't mean I can get away with anything. He isn't my uncle by blood Jai, only through my Beloved and I don't want to take the chance he will see it as a challenge of his authority and lock me up!”

I didn't get the chance to reply because at that particular moment my idiotic brother decided it was time to barge in and see if he could try and convince me to get out of my warm comfy bed willingly. “Come on sis! We have to be there in an hour and you know how long it takes you to get reeaddddyyyy,” by the end of the sentence his voice had turned into that of a whining 5 year old and the pout on his face only added to that image. I never could resist him when he stuck his bottom lip out and widened his eyes, he looked like the manlier version of a make anime cartoon! Normally, I couldn't resist but this time I have to be my stubborn self, especially if there is the chance of being late.

“No Damien!”

“Please Jai! If you hurry up we can call at Starbucks for that coffee you always have me stocking up on for you?”

“Low blow bro! You know how much I love coffee! That's like me saying if you let me sleep I may cook for you!” Childish I know, but, when you see a way out of something it is supposed to be taken advantage of and I just happen to be an amazing cook who has a brother who loves her food and would do anything for it.

I could see the indecision on his face and it just made me want to be able to stay home even more. Alas, it wasn't to be as the next thing I know I am being dragged out of my lovely warm bed I named Mr. McSnuggles by my feet and I know that the day is not going to get any better any time soon...

-A/N- I may or may not have a teddy bear called Mr. McSnuggles.... ;)