Chapter 1

Benvolio was always the sensible one. The responsible, down to earth, sane one. The boring one out of the three. The simple man of the streets. The one that would never impress Mercutio.

Mercutio who was spontaneous, loud, happy and provocative. The one who always got into trouble first. Mercutio the adventure thirsty man he fell in love with. The cousin of the prince Benvolio could never compare to.

Whenever he saw Mercutio's beautiful smile, Benvolio's day would become so much brighter. And on this warm summer's day, just that happened on the troublesome streets of Verona.

"Tell me more, dear Romeo! I want to know all about this lady you speak of!" Mercutio was nudging and winking at Romeo.

"Hush yourself or not only you, but the whole of Verona will know!" Romeo was cautious but that didn't stop him from laughing along. Benvolio hasn't seen him this lively since he went to his first real party. It was clear that he had fallen head over heels for this girl, carelessly swaying in his walk and spewing out some nonsense poetry about destiny and star filled nights he'd spend with her. Didn't he meet her yesterday?

Still, Benvolio put on a smile. Such merry moments should be celebrated even when they're so short lived.