Paternity Test

Shisui laid on the ground beside Itachi, after gracefully admitting defeat to him in their spar. He turned his head to see Itachi looking at him with a contemplative expression, chewing his lower lip.

Shisui removed his gaze from Itachi's lips with considerable effort and raised an eyebrow at him. In response, Itachi moved his head closer and leaned on for a kiss and Shisui's head automatically compiled. His lips were just about to touch Itachi's when a terrible thought struck him.

"We could be half brothers." he blurted out.

"What." Itachi deadpanned.

"I'm sorry. I really like you, Itachi. But I don't know who my father is. Kaa-chan never told me and she and Fugaku-sama were close. It might be possible that we are half Brothers, and I don't know what to....."

"Shisui. Just shut up. Father wouldn't have...." Itachi interrupted him. Then taking a deep breath, he continued. "Just go to the hospital. Get a paternity test. And come and see me when you get the results. After, not before. Understood?" he said, decidedly pissed off, although he sounded polite. But Itachi was always polite, no matter how he felt and Shisui knew him well enough to decipher his moods.

Shisui just nodded and shunshined to the ANBU section of the hospital, where he reluctantly submitted his blood. He knew he could easily have found out about his father from simple paternity test but always avoided it. He had wanted to live under the delusion that the Yondaime was his father. He was on the same genin team as Shisui's mother and they were good friends. And as a speed based Shinobi, the Yondaime was Shisui's idol. He didn't want to be disappointed by whoever was his father, as he knew it was impossible for anyone to beat the Yondaime.

Shisui paced in the hallway while waiting for the results. Soon enough, Owl was handing him an envelope, which he promptly tore to look at his father's name.

The paper dropped out of his hands as he saw it.

"Is this a joke?" he asked, faintly.

"No. Its not an error either. I redid the test three times." Owl replied. "This information will be classified, of course, unless you wish to tell anyone."

Shisui nodded dumbly, before picking up the paper, which proudly displayed the results of his paternity test.

Test Subject : Uchiha Shisui
Maternal DNA: Uchiha Kiyomi
Paternal DNA: Namikaze Minato