I Have A Little Brother

Itachi walked over to cliff overseeing the Naka river, from where he had felt Shisui's chakra. He was sitting there with his feet dangling.

"So, am I your half brother?" he asked, knowing full well that he wasn't. He didn't understand how Shisui could believe something so ridiculous.

Shisui didn't answer but passed him a paper, presumably the results of his paternity test. Itachi unfolded it to that Shisui's father was none other than Namikaze Minato. His thoughts immediately went to the boisterous child he frequently gaurded as ANBU Karasu.

"Naruto-kun." he murmured.

"Oh shit. I didn't even think about him. Itachi, I have a little brother." Shisui exclaimed, standing up and facing Itachi. "What kind of brother I am? I forgot about him."

"It's understandable. You had quite a bit of a shock." Itachi allowed. He knew that despite all of Shisui's fantasies of the Yondaime being his father, he had never taken the theory seriously, and had believed his mother when she had told him that the Yondaime would never cheat on his wife.

Turned out Uchiha Kiyomi was a true Shinobi till the end, using the art of misdirection with such skill. Uzumaki Kushina was not Namikaze-san's wife around the time Shisui would have been conceived, was she?

Shisui was apparently was excited to have family after so long, despite its origin.

"He lives alone, doesn't he? Do you think he'll like living with me? I'll have to clean up, of course....."

As much as he hated bursting Shisui's bubble, Itachi interrupted him, "You'll never get his custody Shisui. Especially not with the rumors of the coup." The definite proof of the coup that Itachi was personally supplying to the Sandaime, but Shisui didn't need to know that.

Shisui deflated at that. "There has to be a way. He's my family, Itachi, and he's all alone." Just like I was, was not said but heavily implied. He gained a contemplative expression. "What if I left the clan?"

Itachi was careful to not let his hurt show, but Shisui knew him better than anyone else. "Don't look like that, Itachi. I know you don't have a high opinion of clan, either. Besides if I left maybe they'd reconsider or atleast delay the coup. They are considering me a centerpiece in most of their plans."

Shisui was not leaving him, Itachi told himself, he was just leaving the clan. Besides, Naruto-kun needed him. It had somehow leaked among the populace that he would be joining the ninja academy soon and the scorn against him had increase multiple folds. Itachi did what he could for him, but it wasn't enough. He needed a family, that Shisui was ready to give.

Shisui was also right about the effects of his leaving on the coup plans. If nothing else, it would give the Hokage some time to come up to solution.

He hesitantly nodded.

Shisui gave him a beaming smile. "Thanks, Itachi. Love you." he casually said, giving him a quick peck on the lips and leaving with a shunshin.