Forest of Death

Sakura watched as Naruto ran away from the academy, excited about finally having proof that he had a family. She had meant to stop him but she was a bit shocked to see that Sasuke-kun could be so cruel, Naruto had disappeared before she could say anything.

"The Forest of Death is filled with dangerous chakra animals. He could get really hurt there." She tried to get him to understand.

"That's the point." Sasuke-kun muttered.

"So, you're okay for him to get killed just because your brother scolded you for bullying him for being an orphan?" She whisper-shouted at him, and was thankful to see a bit of guilt in his eyes.

"What are you going to do about it?" He snapped defensively.

"If you don't come with me right now to stop him from entering that training ground, I will report you to the Hokage for sabotaging a fellow shinobi." She couldn't believe she was threatening Sasuke-kun.

"Fine." He sighed. "If we hurry, we might catch him before he enters the forest."

Turns out that Sakura really needed to work on her stamina, she realised as they reached the entrance to the infernal training ground. Naruto was nowhere in sight, which meant he had entered the forest, and Sakura couldn't help but think that it was because of her slowing down Sasuke-kun that they didn't make it in time.

They glanced at one another before silently agreeing to enter the forest. It would be fine, Sakura told herself, this was just the outskirts of the forest, they would get Naruto and hightail out of there.

Sakura's carefully constructed calm was broken by a high pitched scream from somewhere near them.

"That's the dobe. Let's go." Sasuke-kun said, running towards the source of the voice.

Sakura followed him, only to find a clearing completely overun by giant spider and Naruto trapped in a web. Sakira only watched as Sasuke-kun rushed to help him out but soon he was trapped too.

This was it then. Even Sasuke-kun couldn't defeat thise monsters. Sakura didn't have any chance at all, she thought, as she saw one of the spiders advance towards her. They were going to die getting eaten alive by giant spiders in the forest of death. Sakura had never been mire terrified in her life. She was simultaneously shaking like a life and frozen in fear.

As soon as Sakura resigned herself to a painful death, she heard the chirping of a thousand birds amongst the foliage, which was followed by the appearance of an ANBU with a dog mask and hand alight with lightening.

It only took a second for him to slaughter those spiders and free both of her idiotic classmates. Sakura was so thankful to be saved she even forgot to vomit at the sight of spider inards.

She turned to look if Naruto and Sasuke-kun were alright only to come face to face with two pairs of red eyes.

Judging by the shocked look on Sasuke-kun's face as he observed Naruto's slightly different red eyes, it looked like Naruto was an Uchiha after all.