Family

All in all, Naruto had a great day. Sure it didn't start off great but he was saved from the idiots in his class by Sasuke- teme's brother while Sasuke-teme had been publically scolded by him.

He even got to know the real identity of Karasu-nii, even though he was Sasuke- teme's brother. He had to promise not to tell it to anyone because ANBU identities were supposed to be secret. He had swore on the Ramen God's that he would taken the secret to grave, dattebayo. But Karasu-nii had told him not to go that far.

He had also given Naruto a really good advice to talk to Shisui-nii. It made sense to talk to him directly rather than believe what everyone says. Shisui-nii had stayed even after all his pranks. That at least got him the benefit of doubt.

That was the reason Naruto ended up waiting for Shisui-nii to return from his mission, on the couch well past midnight.
He might have ended up dozing a little but was promptly woken up by Shisui-nii's noisy entrance.

"Naruto, what are you doing on the couch? It's 1 am. You have to go to the academy tomorrow."

"I was waiting for you. I wanted to talk about something." Naruto said, supressing a yawn.

"Alright. What's this about?" Shisui-nii joined him on the couch, yawning.

"Are you only my gaurdian because Hokage-jiji ordered you?" Naruto asked in a small voice.

"Of course not. Who told you that?" Shisui-nii didn't look sleepy anymore.

"Sasuke-teme, and others at the academy and people on the streets.."

"Don't listen to them. They don't know anything. They're either making assumptions or spreading rumours. Hokage-sama didn't order me to be your gaurdian. I asked him to let me take of you."

"Why?" Naruto whispered.

"Because you're my family. Don't ask more than that. I can't tell you the details, Hokage-sama's orders."

Naruto felt a warm feeling in his chest hearing that, and had to hold back tears. He wasn't alone. He had a family.

As much he wanted to know how they were related, Naruto understood the importance of promises. He had promised Karasu-nii to protect his identity just as Shisui-nii had promised jiji not to tell Naruto about their relation.

"Alright. I won't ask." He said.

"Great. Now, I hope you studied for your history test, tomorrow. Because, if you fail again, no matter how much you beg, you aren't getting ramen for a week."

Noooooo! Ramen!!!!