7w0

Arden's alarm clock went off at 6:00AM. She had to be at Allsafe at 7. The only problem for her was that she didn't know how to get there.

Arden grew up in the suburbs and doesn't know how to navigate a city, especially New York City, the most infamous of them all.

Her plan was to take a taxi there, but after what she learned last night, she decided to save her cab money for something else. She decided last night that she needed a friend at her new job to help her integrate better. And Elliot was the perfect candidate.

After getting dressed and having breakfast, Arden waited at her door to hear for Elliot to come out. She felt like such a stalker but she was desperate for a friend.

She heard a door in the hallway open and she burst through her own door. It was just Shayla.

"Woah you're in a hurry," exclaimed Shayla.

"Oh sorry Shayla, I'm waiting for Elliot" she said blushing from embarrassment.

"He should be out in about 7 minutes" Shayla said looking at her watch.

"He sticks to a very strict schedule, but I'm glad he's made another friend other than me. Between us, he's a little introverted" Shayla said.

"Oh we aren't really friends. Yet. I'm trying to become his friend so I know at least someone at AllSafe" Arden replied.

"Good luck A, I gotta go but wanna have dinner together?" Shayla asked.

Arden smiled and nodded. She was happy that her and Shayla were close enough to have nicknames.

Just as Shayla disappeared down the hallway out of Arden's line of vision, Elliot's door opened. He was dressed in the same outfit as when Arden first saw him. Black jeans, black hoodie, black shoes, and a black backpack. Arden jokingly wondered what his favorite color could be.

"Hey Elliot! I was hoping I could come with you to work, it's my first day but I'm not too sure how to get there. I was also hoping you could show me around AllSafe" Arden said quickly. She often fell victim to word vomit.

"You talk a lot" Elliot said observing the strange girl standing in front of him.

"I have a feeling you won't leave me alone unless I let you come with me" He said after a few moments of silence.

"You would be correct" Arden said laughing.

"Okay. Let's go then" He said. He didn't even wait for her before walking down the hall with his hood up.

The two of them walked side by side in silence all the way to the train station. Once on the train, Arden noticed Elliot looking around frantically.

"Hey um are you okay?" she asked cautiously.

"I'm fine" he said, avoiding eye contact as best he could.

"So, what do you do at AllSafe?" she asked, looking to start a conversation.

"Tech" he said, clearly not wanting to talk to her.

"Oh I guess that's what everyone does. I'm a secretary. Pretty nervous for my first day"

"Secretaries are supposed to be at work half an hour earlier than the rest of us" he said finally looking at her. He watched as the color drained from her face.

"Oh shit" She said. She held her face in her hands, already off to a bad start.

"It's okay. You won't be fired, they're desperate for workers since Evil Corp is the only reason they are still up and running" he said. That's the most she's heard him ever say.

"Evil Corp? That's funny, I like that" she said cracking a smile.

"I meant E Corp, my mistake" he said knowing damn well he never makes mistakes. He was testing her, to see if she had the same views as him. He decided to only befriend her on these terms.

______________________________
hey guys, please vote so i know you readers are enjoying the story, comment too!