f0ur

A whole week and a half had gone by and Arden was becoming more acquainted with the people around her at AllSafe. She had been having lunch with Angela a lot recently. She was surprised with how easily she bonded with the blonde girl who was almost the complete opposite of her.

Elliot had been going to work early and staying late just so Arden wouldn't have to ride the subway alone. The two of them were able to bond over their love for getting high, Arden was even able to make Elliot smile once or twice, which is something almost impossible to do.

Today was Thursday, the week was coming to an end and Arden couldn't be happier. She liked her new job but she was exhausted. Before working at AllSafe, she was a nanny and her hours were much different, she didn't have to wake up until 8 back then.

Arden had just clocked out and she looked over at Elliot's desk but he wasn't there. Maybe he's outside she thought. She walked out and he wasn't there either. Arden was a little upset that Elliot hadn't waited for her like he normally did. Maybe he realized she didn't need him to protect her from weirdos on the subway anymore.

She felt lonely on the subway and she missed her friend. Her mind wandered since she had no one to talk to to fill the silent air. She thought about Elliot, about his big, green, eyes and she thought about how he hid them from the world. He was constantly on her mind, she just couldn't shake him.

She knocked on his door when she got back to the complex. There was no answer. It was strange, the only two places he goes are work and home. She felt disappointed with the lack of answer from the boy next door. She ate dinner alone for the first time that week. Shayla was out at some party and Elliot was nowhere to be found. Arden suddenly realized she needed more friends than just her two neighbors.

The next morning when Arden opened her apartment door, she found Elliot waiting outside.

"I'm sorry about last night. I had to do something" he said, giving her no detail at all. He felt guilty for leaving her alone on the subway.

"It's okay. What did you do last night?" she questioned him. She had to admit, she was curious.

"Just decided I wanted to go out" he said brushing off her questions.

"Huh. Okay" she said, not believing him at all.

"Are you going to Gideon's dinner party tonight?" Arden asked him as they walked to the subway.

"Yeah. I'm bringing Shayla, as my girlfriend" he said. Arden felt her chest tighten. Girlfriend? She had no idea they were together. She felt like an idiot for always thinking about what it would be like to date Elliot.

"Oh I had no idea you two were together" She said with an underlying tone of jealousy.

"It's new. Just a few hours actually" He said nonchalantly, not realizing he was making the girl more upset.

"That's cute" Arden said curtly.

"I guess so"

Arden barely spoke to Elliot the rest of the way to AllSafe. She was still having mixed emotions about Elliot announcing his new relationship. She couldn't seem to wrap her head around the idea of him being with someone who wasn't herself.

•••

U and Elliot are dating? Arden texted to Shayla. She wasn't necessarily allowed on her phone when she wasn't on break, but no one was calling reception so she figured it'd be okay.

Is that what he said? Lol all we did was sleep together last night. The text angered Arden. She never realized she had feelings for Elliot until now.

She didn't reply to Shayla, it wasn't her fault that Arden was mad and Arden didn't want to create drama between her and her only girl friend.

____________________________
i'm so bad at endings lol i'm so sorry i never know when to stop but i want to get my chapters out pretty consistently

VOTE AND COMMENT