7hr33

Arden was not ready to walk through the door of AllSafe that morning. Not after what Elliot had just told her about her being late for her first day. She realized Elliot was not gonna care if she went or not. She had to give herself the confidence, no one else here would.

AllSafe soon proved to be a lot less intimidating that Arden had once thought. Gideon Goddard, her boss, felt sympathy for the poor girl showing up late on the first day. He showed her around and she soon got the hang of the reception job.

The AllSafe employees were allowed an hour for lunch, Arden was only allowed half an hour due to her job being in reception. Once her break came around, she saw Elliot still sitting at his desk so she decided to approach him.

"Hey. Can I eat lunch with you? You're still the only person I know" she said. It's not true though, she met a few nice people in the first few hours being there. But, she would rather be with Elliot.

"I don't eat lunch" he replied in his monotone voice.

"Well then can I-"

Arden was cut off by a blonde girl coming up to Elliot.

"You promised me you would come" she said with her hands on her hips.

"I was busy" Elliot replied to her, going back to working on his computer.

"You're lying!" she said raising her voice. That's when she noticed Arden standing there.

"Hi, I'm Angela Moss" the young blonde girl said as she introduced herself to Arden.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, I'm Arden Pyra" Arden replied back to her.

"I didn't mean to interrupt you, but Elliot backed out on a promise he made me" she said going back to yelling at him.

"Well I'll let you guys hash this out then" Arden said backing away from them.

"I like her, she's funny, you should date her" Angela said, acting as a big sister for Elliot.

"I barely know her" Elliot said. He never looked up from his computer to meet her eyes. Arden smiled, she could over hear to two of them as she was walking away.

The rest of her day was quite uneventful, seeing as though it's just a standard reception job. She was surprised to see Elliot waiting for her. His job hours ended before hers, but he still chose to wait.

"I didn't want you to get lost" he said not looking at her.

"Thank you" she said.

•••

Arden and Shayla were smoking pot and eating Chinese take out when there was a knock on Shayla's door.

Arden looked at her scared, scared that they would get in trouble for hotboxing Shayla's apartment.

"It's fine, it's probably just Elliot getting a refill" Shayla said nonchalantly.

Refill? Arden thought to herself. What does he need a refill on?

"A-Arden" he stuttered as he saw the girl sitting on the ground with blood shot eyes, shoveling fried rice into her mouth.

"Hey Elliot" she said laughing.

"Here Elliot" Shayla said handing him two bottles of pills.

"Elliot what's that?" Arden asked curious.

"Just something to help me get through the night" he replied. He didn't want to tell her, he feared she would be disappointed and for some reason he cared about what she thought.

"Wanna stay? We have extra dumplings and more weed" Arden asked looking at him. She doesn't know whether it was the weed getting to her head or what, but in that moment, Elliot was beautiful in her eyes. She caught herself just staring at him, she tried to look away but she just couldn't.

"Okay." He finally said. He took a seat next to Arden on the ground.

The three of them sat in a circle on Shayla's floor, passing around the dumplings and the bong.

Arden felt light as a feather. She stood up and started swaying to the intro from FRIENDS which had been playing on the TV this whole time.

Shayla started laughing and soon joined Arden.

"C'mon Elliot, it's fuuun" Arden said dancing over to him.

"I don't dance" he said lighting up the bong again.

Arden took the bong from his hands and set it aside. Then she took both his hands and pulled him so he was standing. What happened next made an audible gasp escape Elliot's mouth. Arden had put her hands on his hips, trying to get him to sway along with her.

He looked down at her, her head was back and her eyes were shut. He felt safe with her near him. He eventually gave in and started swaying with the girls to the music that Shayla had turned on.

________________________________
this might just be a 'me' thing but when i'm
high on weed i love to sway lmao.

guys please vote!! and comment!! it makes me smile :)