Chapter 11

I am sorry for the long wait but now I'm finally done with this chapter. Enjoy your read!

********

Newts p.o.v

I was walking away from Thomas' house. My eyes were burning and I didn't even try to hold in the tears that were starting to run down my face.

How could I let this happen? How could I be so stupid to think for even a second that everything could change?

I let out a frustrated groan and kicked at the ground.

I will never be able to escape the mistakes I did. My past is going to hunt me forever through this life and there is nothing I can do about it. Or can I?

I stopped my aimless running as an idea started to form in my head. A solution to everything. A way out.

After all this time I had finally found the only way out of my misery. If I couldn't find happiness in this life, I just have to look for it in another life.

I turned around and started running home. As I reached my house I didn't walk inside, instead I jumped into my car and drove to the one place where I could be myself.

********

Thomas' p.o.v.

After driving for what felt like an eternity I reached the parking lot of the bridge. Only, there was no bridge!

There was only one other vehicle in the parking lot.

My eyes widened and a gasp escaped me. It was Newts car! That meant he had to be here somewhere!

I jumped out of my car and started running around looking for something, anything that could tell me where Newt was.

"Newt?!"
" Newt where are you!?"

At the side of the parking lot I found a small path going in to the woods and a signpost reading:

Petersson Bridge, 3 miles

" Oh fucking hell you have to be kidding me!" I groaned and started jogging down the path.

After running through the dark woods for I don't know how long, with bleeding knees and dirt on my hands from tripping over tree roots and stones every third second, I could finally hear the sound of the river.

When I finally stumbled out from between the trees I found myself standing on a red iron bridge looking like a miniature of the Golden Gate Bridge but much older. About 20 meters under the bridge I could see the black water and pointy stones of the wild river.

And on the handrail in the middle of the bridge towering above the black waters was

" Newt" I whispered
" Newt!" I called out again this time so that he actually could hear me.

His body stiffened as I he heard my voice but he didn't turn around.

I started taking some steps closer.

"Newt, pleas turn around and come down here. Everything's alright." I said, trying to ceep my voice calm.

No reaction.

" Newt please come down and look at me. It's going to be alright. You don't have to do this. Do you hear me?" I said now a little louder.

Still No reaction.

I took some more steps towards him.

"Look at me. Newt! Newt please look at me!" I yelled and Newt finally turned his head around and his brown eyes, glistering with tears, met mine.

He looked at me once then he turned around again but before he could jump I grabbed him from behind and dragged him down from the handrail and away from the bridge.

When we where a safe distance from the bridge I finally released Newt.
He stumbled over his feet but before he could fall I caught him in my arms and embraced him in a hug.

After hugging Newt in silence for what felt like forever I took a step back from him and started to tell him everything that was on my mind.

" I didn't read what you had written about your past because I don't care. I don't care about the person you were before. What matters is who you are now and what you do right now." I took a deep breath before I continued:

"I could never hate you Newt. I... I...I love you Newt. I love you. From the second I looked into your eyes that day when you first ran in to me in school, I knew you were the one. Newt, please never try to do this again because I can't live without you. I love you. I love you more than Chuck loves food and I can tell you that means a lot. So please Newt, I beg you; give me a chance to make your life worth living. I love you"

Half way through my speech that I hadn't planned on holding, my voice cracked and the tears I had tried to hold back started running down my cheek.

The last three words were barely audible but when I was finished Newt stepped closer to me and cupped my face with his hands.

And then I got to hear the one thing I thought I would never have the honor listening to; Newts voice.

" I love you too, Tommy" he said and kissed me ever so lightly on the lips.

********