three

"What happened next?" Eli asks as he hands you his empty plate for you to place it over the little coffee table sitting in front of you.

"They lived happily ever after, right mummy?" Liz asks you with sparkling eyes.

"Not quite yet, sweetie." You laugh. "Life had a lot of other things coming for them."

"Ooh, darling!" Tom exclaims excitedly as an idea comes to his mind. "Why don't you tell them the story about that night I love so much. You know, when they came back from that party."

"Okay," you agree and Eli sits on your lap, snuggling into your chest. Wrapping your arms around him, you continue. "So it had been about two months since the boy asked the girl to be his girlfriend," as soon as the words leave your mouth, you notice Liz smiling widely. "And one night they were invited to a party over one of the boy's co-stars."

+++

"Can we go now, darling?" Tom asked for the millionth time that evening as he wrapped his arms around your body and buried his face in the crook of your neck.

"We literally just got here, Tom." You pointed out with a little laugh. "Besides, it's your friend's party, so unless you want to be a complete ass to him, I'd suggest we stay for a while."

"But I'm so tired, I just wanna cuddle with you." He whined, leaving a light kiss on your neck.

"I did not spend almost an hour doing my makeup for us to stay here half that time." You said with a more firm tone.

"Fine," Tom groaned. "I still don't get why you put all that crap on your face." He said as he left your neck to look you in the eyes.

"Because I think I need it, and it makes me feel pretty." You playfully said as you bopped his nose.

"Well, you definitely don't need it." Tom argued, lacing his fingers with yours. "And you're already pretty by nature."

"Thank you, Mr. Compliments," you teased and went to kiss his cheek. "But if you think that will make me change my mind about staying, you're wrong."

"You're annoying." Tom heavily sighed, faking exasperation. "But I meant what I said."

"Well then, thank you, pretty boy." A wide smile spread across Tom's face as soon as the pet name left your lips.

You found yourself getting lost looking into his eyes. You could stare at them for hours and not get tired. It felt like when you looked at him, everything else just disappeared, it just didn't matter. Even now, when the two of you were surrounded by dozens of sweaty bodies dancing around to awfully loud music, you still felt like everything vanished. That it was just the two of you standing in the room.

You still hadn't said the L word to each other. Neither of you dared to. Just the thought of it was enough for you to be totally afraid of saying it. What if he didn't feel the same way? Sure, he'd asked you to be his girlfriend after all but, was it too rushed? Did you develop feelings for him too soon? If you told him what you felt about him, would it freak him out?

Of course, the two of you have had the best time with each other so far. It was always fun to be around him and you never seemed to get bored. But as the time you spent with him grew, so did your feelings.

But then again, what if he wants to do things slow? After all, he did wait until you had went on various dates and fully got to know each other before he asked you to be his girlfriend. You had absolutely no problem with going slow and enjoy every moment you shared with him, but you couldn't ignore the feelings you've developed towards him.