six

The bright sunlight makes its way into your bedroom, being enough to wake you up. You mentally roll your eyes —since, technically, they are still closed— and turn around on the bed so you are now facing a sleeping Tom. With a tiny smile at the sight of his innocent and at-peace figure, you place your head on his chest and hug his body while you cuddle up to him. Subconsciously, his right arm flies around your body to hug you even closer to him.

Tom sighs in content as he slowly wakes up from his well deserved rest. "Mornin', darling."

"Good morning," you reply with your eyes still shut as you hug his body tighter. "What time is it?"

Your husband turns his head to scan the small clock laying on top of his nightstand, which reads 9:25AM. "Almost half past nine,"

Sunday mornings are your favourite. Sunday is the only day where neither of you had to go to work. There are a few exceptions, like when Tom gets called to do some reshoots. But other than that, Sunday's are always family day. You usually stay in bed with Tom for as long as you can, mostly until your kids wake up and you have to make breakfast.

"Sam called last night," you inform Tom as the memory hits your brain. He worked late the night before and by the time he got home, you along with your kids were already fast asleep. "He said he wants to talk to you about your mum's birthday party."

Tom nods as he pulls you closer to him. You rest your head on his chest and he sweetly kisses the top of it. "I'll call him later."

The two of you stay silent for a while, doing nothing but enjoy each other's uninterrupted company.

"You know, the kids are probably still asleep." Tom says with a smirk on his face and a quirked eyebrow. Before you could say anything, you hear the door to your bedroom slowly open, revealing your two children. "Spoke too soon?"

You laugh underneath your breath and turn your head to look at the kids, not bothering to get out of bed. "What's up, beauties?" You ask with a sweet tone.

Eli helps Liz climb to your shared bed before climbing it up himself. They both crawl their way towards the two of you and start to stare. You quickly take the hint and break free from Tom's grip so there's a gap between the both of you where the kids can lie down. Elizabeth cuddles beside you and Eli goes to hug his dad.

"You didn't tell us our story last night." Liz says with a pointy finger, which makes your heart melt.

"That's because daddy wasn't home, baby." You explain as you stroke her hair.

You notice Tom staring lovingly at the two of you and you shoot him a smile. He smiles back before saying; "okay, since we're all together right now, how about we go on with the story?"

"Yes!" Both Eli and Liz cheer.

"Where were we?" You ask.

Eli is quick to answer, his eyes showing excitement. "They just got engaged," he explains. "And you were going to tell us about the wedding."

"Was it huge, daddy?" Elizabeth asks, trying to make eye contact with his dad. "Did she look like a princess in her dress?"

"She definitely did," Tom answers with a grin before locking eyes with you. "Didn't she, darling?"

"Oh, I wouldn't know," you answer with a touch of humour only Tom would understand. "I do know that the groom looked very handsome."

"Did he?" Tom asks again with raised eyebrows and smirking at you. "I think you should tell them about the whole wedding day." He suggests as your children turn their heads to look at you, paying close attention to every word you say.