five

"Did they ever get married?" Liz asks as you tug her in her bed.

"Who?" You ask in confusion, not sure of who she is talking about.

"The boy and the girl from the story," Liz answers with a tiny smile on her face.

"Of course they got married." Eli says as if it's obvious.

"And how would you know?" Tom asks him with raised eyebrows before sitting down on the edge of his bed.

"Why wouldn't they get married?" Eli answers with another question.

"Smart boy," Tom announces, making Eli laugh. "Darling, you should tell them about the proposal." He suggests with a huge smile painted on his lips.

+++

"I'm bored," you whined as you let your head rest on Tom's lap, his hands immediately raising up to play with your hair as a reflex.

"Good, 'cause that's what every boyfriend likes to hear." Tom teased with humour in his voice.

"I didn't mean it like that." You clarified although there was no need to.

"How about we play trivia?" Tom suggested as he rested his feet on the coffee table in front of him.

"Tom, we've been dating for almost five years," you pointed out. "I think we know pretty much everything about each other by now." You sarcastically added and he playfully rolled his eyes at you.

"I know that, dummy." He said in his famous sassy voice. "We can just ask each other random, weird questions."

You nodded your head in agreement. "Okay, you start."

Tom cleared his throat and tapped his chin with his index finger, pretending to be thinking about his question way more than he should. As he kept gently running his hands through your hair, he asked; "what lie do you tell the most?"

You scoffed as you thought of an answer that would annoy him, just because you loved teasing him. "That one's easy," you began. "That you're the best spider-man."

"Hey!" Tom protested making you giggle. "You're not funny."

"Do you really expect me to think you're the best when you're up against not only Tobey Maguire but also Andrew Garfield?" You teasingly asked with a hint of a smile on your lips, trying your best not to laugh. "I'm sorry, love, but that's not happening."

"I don't even know why I still date you," Tom stated jokingly.

"Because you love me."

"Right," Tom nodded his head. "Okay, your turn now. Hit me up."

"Would you step on a puppy for five million quid?" You asked the first thing that popped in your head.

"What kind of question is that?" He asked, overreacting his astonishment by placing a hand over his chest. "I would never step on a puppy. Why in hell would I do that?"

"Chill, big guy. I was just checking what kind of man I'm dating."

"You're just checking now?" Tom asked as he raised one of his eyebrows. "After five years of dating?"

"Shut up," you rolled your eyes at him, which made him chuckle.

"Would you rather be able to see into the future or be able to read people's minds?" Tom asked and you took your time to think of your answer.

You tilted your head up so you could meet his eyes before saying, "I think I'd rather see into the future."

"Aren't you curious of what other people think of you?" Tom asked, his facial expression showing genuine confusion.