zero.

[ 000. insecurities and doubts ]

Mackenzie walked down the narrow hallways of the city's high school with a frown. Everyone knew how much she despised school, she had never confirmed it, but the look on her face said everything.

How could you not hate school? Especially if you went through the shit she did everyday. Would you like school if you were failing half of your classes and nearly every student hated you?

There was no particular reason she was so despised. It was just the girls who thought that they were better than everyone else wanted everyone to feel the same way about her, which didn't really make sense to the petite brunette.

Mackenzie Ziegler has only two friends. However, even though they claim to love her, Mackenzie couldn't help but doubt that they were telling her truth. Wouldn't you feel the same if you were constantly told that you weren't worthy of having anything or anybody that could make you feel good about yourself for even a second?

            Her insecurities didn't make it any better. They made her feel utterly disgusting, she was afraid to try anything new just for her insecurities to simply tear her back down. Kenzie Ziegler absolutely hated herself.

            It was her against the world. She hated feeling like everyone was against her, but she couldnt help those emotions. Especially when people did nothing but force her into believing those said things.

           There was a point in her life where she was happy with herself. She felt good about her image, and she had everyone she needed. However, it didn't stay that way.

            When her sister passed away, everything went downhill. She started to feel abnormally down, her mother  paid less attention to her, her father became a monster, and it seemed as if everybody turned against her.

            She's struggled with social anxiety since she was eleven years old, and since her older sister Maddie passed away, it's only gotten worse. Without her sister there to calm her down during anxiety attacks, her state of mind only became harder to cope with.

            It was shortly after eight o' clock, which meant that Kenzie was late. Which only upset her even more, she knew when she walked into her class, the students would look to see who was walking in, and that Kendall Vertes would just have to make a comment.

            Oh how Mackenzie hated that girl, she had done nothing but make Kenzie's life a living hell since she was in fifth grade. Unfortunately, there was nothing Mackenzie could do to get Kendall to leave her alone.

            Besides, Kenzie was already growing used to the girl's comments and such. That didn't mean that her actions  didn't upset her, because they did more than words can ever explain, but it did mean that they never came unexpected. Which wasn't as bad in her eyes.

            Reluctantly, Mackenzie pulled open the heavy door. Praying to God that maybe, just maybe, No one would notice her walk in.

            But as usual, God was not on her side.

nadia's note !

before i start, i want to warn you
guys that this story is going to have topics
that may be triggering to some people
but i am going to be putting trigger warnings
on chapters that may need it. in no way
am i romanticizing depression or anxiety.
please remember this story is only
fiction, thank you for reading.

COMING SOON.