two.

[ 002. counselors and phone calls ]

Mackenzie rested her chin in her palm as she waited for the class period to end, there was only two periods left after the bell rang and Kenzie couldn't be any more thankful.

Nadia and Annie had both demanded that Kenzie was going to join them in a movie night at Nadia's house, and Mackenzie was more than excited.

Mackenzie usually dreaded the school day ending, even though she hated school, she hated being home even more. So, she was extremely grateful for Nadia and Annie inviting her that day.

"Mackenzie Ziegler?" The teacher called, "You're needed in the counselors office." She continued when she saw Mackenzie's attention on her.

            Kenzie nodded, getting out of her seat and rushing out of the class. Luckily, the students in that class were all too busy having conversations with their friends to pay attention to Mackenzie.

            However, Kenzie was afraid. She was afraid of what the counselor needed her for, she wasn't usually one to get into trouble, so she didn't know what to think as she walked towards her office.

           Kenzie walked into the counselors office with flushed cheeks, "You, uh.. needed me?" She spoke quietly, getting the kind lady's attention.

            Mrs.Sheldon smiled softly at the small girl in front of her, "Have a seat, Mrs.Ziegler." She instructed, motioning to the chair before her.

            Kenzie let out a shaky breath as she sat down in the maroon seat. "One of your friends came to me today, and she told me everything you've been going through here at school." The counselor spoke.

            Mackenzie's heart nearly dropped to her toes as she realized that her 'secret' was no longer a secret. She knew that since she knew, everything was going to change.

        ". . . And I know that this must be a hard thing to talk about, and I'm so very sorry you have to go through this, dear. I'm trying my best to do whatever I can to help you out of this situation. But now that I know this, It's my job to give your parents a call and tell them all about this situation, Miss Ziegler."

            Mackenzie nodded slowly, she couldn't believe this was happening. Whoever told her this probably just made her like one hundred times worse. "Mackenzie sweetie, it's mandatory that we put you in therapy. I'm sure the bullying has gotten to you and it may have affected you deeply. If there is any chance that you could possibly take your life one day, I want to handle that right now by trying to help you, okay?" Mrs.Sheldon comforted, looking through the computer to find Mackenzie's mothers phone number.

            "The program is free, so I don't think there should be a reason you wouldn't be attending. This is for your own good, Mackenzie. Their next meeting will be tomorrow at four thirty, I hope you'll attend." She said, giving Kenzie a sincere smile. "You can go back to class now, I'm telling your mother about it that way she knows. Thank you."

"Miss Ziegler, please don't be afraid to come to me about these kind of things. I want to help you."

nadia's note !

we love a counselor that actually cares