Chapter 31: Ayumu Seki Cabrera

And yes, I got the name from Ayumu Murase, the voice actor of Hinata in Haikyuu!! The name just sounds so cute and I can't help but use it. Lol.

His teammate, Koshi Ibasco, was also named after Koshi Sugawara, one of the setters of Karasuno and my favorite character in the series. Nothing beats the love of Sugamama.

The events in the manga are so thrilling, by the way. Ibang-iba na si Hinata ngayon from the seasons 1 to 3 Hinata. Sana eh i-release na nila kaagad ang season 4 ng anime series. Lel.

Share ko lang.

TheAshtone

●●●

"Man, Professor Evanesca never fails to make my heart swell with pride and hope," Professor Ojeros said. "As I always say, she's the best thing that has ever happened to Emerald since Elijah Serria. You can still definitely feel and see the honor and pride of a topnotch agent coursing through her veins."

"Well, things have skyrocketed here in Emerald ever since Esmerelda accepted our offer of a headship post. Too bad she turned down your school's offer!" Professor Ferrea replied with a hearty laugh.

"While the two of you are busy arguing over pointless things, I am going to enlighten everyone about our general rules and mechanics of this tournament," Professor Romeus interjected.

"Listen carefully," Ezekiel said to us.

"There will be a total of five games in the Elimination Round of the CMMT. The top 2 teams at the end of the first round will battle for the championship. The number 3 and 4 teams will fight for the third place. The champion will receive gold medals, certificates, the Grand Golden Cup, and 2 million pesos cash prize—all thanks to our sponsors. The top 3 teams will also be sent for a one month training in the Central HQ of the Agents International. The prizes for the other placers will be flashed on the screen."

"Each team will be given points depending on their performance in every game. The winner will get 500 points while the first team who gets eliminated first in a game will receive 100 points. It is important to rack up the points if you want to enter the championship game," Professor Romeus continued.

"Each game has a specific set of rules," Professor Ojeros added. "The players will wear a circular shield attached on the back of their uniform. That shield serves as your Stamina Meters. Every time you receive damage, your shield deteriorates and it will affect your strength and stamina. Once you receive too much damage, your shield will break and you will be eliminated from the game. However, if your team has Healers, then you've got one less problem."

With that, something squirmed on my back as I felt a sudden cold feeling creeping throughout my body. A circular green plate made of what looked like glass suddenly appeared on the back of my uniform. It's also bearing my jersey number.

"Neat," Jack said, examining his own shield.

"Shields can also be upgraded in two ways," Professor Ferrea added. "Eliminating five participants will upgrade your shield one level higher. Higher-level shields increase your stamina and the intensity of your attacks. Shields can be upgraded up to level 10. Take note that you won't be able to reach, say, a level 5 shield by eliminating a player who also has a level 5 shield. You have to work hard if you want to level up."

"What's the other way of upgrading our shields?" Jack asked.

Huge puffs of smoke suddenly appeared a few meters in front of us, revealing about a dozen of metallic robots which look like the Scavengers, except for their darker color and glowing red eyes. They're also a lot taller and a lot more intimidating than the usual Scavengers.