Chapter 52: First Mate

Jack's POV

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT COULD'VE HAPPENED TO YOU?!" Nurse Juliana shouted as she healed some of Ike's wounds which opened due to what he did earlier. "SERIOUSLY, IS THERE ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL THAT CAN PENETRATE THAT THICK HEAD OF YOURS?! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO STOP ABUSING YOUR BODY AND LISTEN TO WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING TO YOU?!"

Faye and I brought Ike to the infirmary right after his fight with RB. We already told the others to go home and not wait for us. As expected, Nurse Juliana exploded upon seeing us carrying the bleeding Ike. I'm actually quite surprised on how she can erupt like a volcano and treat Ike's injuries with such care and gentleness at the same time. Even Faye who always spends time with the nurse looked a bit scared as she stood beside the bed while holding a tray of medical stuff.

"YOU HAVEN'T EVEN RECOVERED A BIT FROM YOUR INJURIES BUT HERE YOU ARE, GETTING HEALED ONCE AGAIN IN MY INFIRMARY! HOW MANY INJURIES WILL IT TAKE YOU TO FINALLY REALIZE THAT YOUR BODY IS APPROACHING ITS LIMIT? WHEN WILL YOU STOP, WHEN YOUR BODY HAS BEEN BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS?!"

"I'M GOING TO TELL ESMERELDA AND YOUR PARENTS ABOUT THIS!" Nurse Juliana continued. "FOR GOODNESS SAKE, YOU ARE THE MOST STUBBORN STUDENT THAT I'VE EVER HEALED THROUGHOUT MY CAREER AS A HEALER IN THIS SCHOOL! FAYE—!"

Faye flinched in shock. "P-Po?"

"Go and bring this boy back to his dormitory! Make him sleep! Lock the door! Tie him to the bed if you have to! Don't ever leave until you're sure that he's asleep! I'm done for the evening! Good day to you three!" she said before storming out of the ward and slamming the door behind her.

Faye and I just stared at each other. "Oh, man... I think we broke her..." I whispered.

Ike was just staring blankly at the empty air in front of him. Surprisingly, he was able to maintain his expressionless face throughout Nurse Juliana's angry outburst. If it was me, I would've shrunk and shriveled under the scorching eyes of the nurse.

"You heard Nurse Juliana. Here are your crutches. Let's head back to your dorm. I really don't want this infirmary to explode so just please listen to her from this point on," Faye said to Ike.

"Let me help you with that, bro," I said before helping Ike with his crutches.

Ike didn't say a word as we headed out of the infirmary. Faye and I just walked behind him, exchanging concerned and weary glances every now and then. It's already pretty late in the evening but the curfew hour hasn't started yet that's why it's still fine to walk around the school. Despite of that, the entire campus was already quiet and devoid of any students.

"How's RB?" Ike suddenly asked as the Topaz Building loomed ahead of us.

Faye and I looked at each other and I gestured to her that she should reply. "He's fine. Nicolo walked with him to your dorm. Let me just say that it's not cool to punch anyone, especially the person you love. Pasalamat ka at alam ko ang sitwasyon mo kaya hindi kita binalian ng buto kanina dahil sa ginawa mo kay RB," she said.

"I'm really sorry—"

"Say that to RB, idiot," Faye snapped at him. "To make you feel a lot worse, Nicolo told me that RB cried a lot while they were on their way back to that building. Don't try to apologize to him tonight, okay? Rest first. Let your emotions cool down a bit. Give him some time alone."

Ike stopped for a while when we finally arrived at the entrance of the Topaz Building. "You guys can go now. I'll be fine by myself. It's getting pretty late, you should really go home."

"Do you seriously think that we'll leave you alone at your current state?" I snapped at him. "I'm gonna sleep in your room tonight whether you like or not, bro. It's Faye who should be going home now. Ako na'ng bahala rito kay Ike."