Chapter 82: Shattered

This is just a dream. This is just a bad dream, Ike. Soon you're going to wake up lying on your bed with RB trying to undress you. Just wait for a bit more and all of this will end.

But no. I didn't wake up. I didn't snap out of this dream. This is reality, and my reality is now occupied by a horrible nightmare—a nightmare that I can never wake up from. There is no escape.

I can't even move from my spot. I just sat on the ground, looking up in horror at RB and Aria. I don't even know what to do anymore. In that moment, I felt like everything in my life was just made of lies and deception.

Serafina laughed at my reaction. "Is everything clear now, my dear boy? Sometimes, the dream that you're chasing is actually a nightmare in disguise. You've had a lot of dreams lately, haven't you?"

My eyes widened in shock. "B-But..."

"Ah, about your dreams?" Serafina asked as if reading my mind. "You and my son fused, remember? Your fusion changed everything. My control was only over my son, but when you two fused, that control also spread to you. That allowed me to manipulate your mind in ways that you can't even imagine."

"Can you still remember your dream when I first talked to you?" she continued. "RB also dreamt of the same thing. In fact, the dream was supposed to be just for him. However, due to your fusion, I was able to drag you to that dream in order to mess up with your mind a little."

I just looked up at RB who's also smiling like Serafina. "But he never told me—"

"Because my son didn't want you to worry. I'm afraid that he's grown fond of you. Despite being a killing machine, he still has emotions and the ability to mimic human behavior in order to interact with people better. You've had a lot of things in your plate lately, haven't you? He just didn't want to put more weight on your shoulders."

"For the past several months, I've been trying to ask for help from my son. Despite my efforts to control him, he was able to repel my power firmly. I must say, I'm pretty impressed on how he was able to oppose me. He truly is powerful," Serafina said with a smile, giving her son a proud look.

All of a sudden, her aura seemed to darken a little as she fixed her eyes on me once more. "You now have answers to your questions. Now, I am going to give you options. You can stay with your friends and allies in your sinking ship and die, or you can join us and reach the full extent of your potential. We need you with us, Ike. We need to work together to change this rotten society plagued with useless agents and corrupt officials."

Serafina started walking around as if giving one of her speeches.

"You can continue your study here in Emerald if you want to. I can give you whatever you want. I can give you your world, your Rubio. You two can live together happily with your family. We villains are going to do the heavy lifting, and you only have to help us with a few things. I'm going to make your life comfortable and happy. All you have to do is say the magic word," she continued.

A low wall of purple light suddenly sprouted from the ground between me and the villains. "Step over here, Ike, and we're going to conquer the world. All your problems will disappear, and all your dreams will come true."

"And if I refuse?" I said in a low voice before throwing Serafina a sharp look.

"To refuse is to accept defeat, Ike," she said flatly. "You already lost your president, the secretary of the Department of Magic, and the director general of the NMLEA; and I haven't even done anything yet. Do you seriously think that you can defeat us? Do you seriously think that your light can extinguish our darkness?"