Flowers Can't Grow Without Rain

Kaminari sat on his bed
hugging his knees. His eyes were pink and puffy, and his head felt sore from all the crying.

  He took in a big sigh and
looked at the clock on his night stand. '3:16 am'.

The last time Kaminari had
stayed up this late crying was last week Monday. That was the day he found out. The day he realized what this disease was, and why he has it. He did his research and found out everything he needed to know about his disease. He knew how to cure it, how it was caused, and what- I mean who caused it.

  *Knock, knock* Kaminari's head jolted up at the sound of a knock on his door. It's 3am? He thought. He thought me might've woken someone up with all the crying. But was he really that loud?

  "Kaminari, are you ok?"

  The voice was silent but he heard it. It was a very, very familiar voice. One that he loved and hated at the same time.
  Kaminari stayed quite. He didn't want them to know he was up. Especially due to his current condition. He heard the person behind the door sigh. He thought they were leaving and felt a wave of relief wash over him. Sadly he was incorrect. The door knob began to twist and Kaminari's heart began to speed up. It creaked open there he was.

  Sero popped his head through the door and widened his eyes at the sight of Kaminari sitting on his bed with red teary eyes. He looked so fragile. So weak, so broken.

  "K-Kaminari?" He said with a voice full of concern.

  Kaminari stayed quiet. He didn't speak. Instead, he tugged his knees tighter and lowered his head into them.
  Sero slowly made his way towards him. He knew he wasn't gonna respond, so instead of saying anything else, he sat next to the blonde in silence.

  "S-sero..." Kaminari began. "I-I'm sorry but... please, I just wanna be alone." He said in between sniffles. His voice was shaky and scratched. Sero felt his heart break a little after hearing his friends words.

  "I'm not leaving until I know you're ok." Sero responded. He scooted over a little and wrapped his arms around the boys smaller figure. "You don't have to tell me what's wrong. I just wanna make sure your safe."

"Se-" Kaminari's words were quickly cut off by a coughing fit. He coughed and chocked profusely. His lungs were on fire and his throat was burning.

"Kaminari? Are you ok?!" Kaminari didn't respond, he shoved Sero off of him and ran to his bathroom.

He aimed for the toilet but the lack of air in his lungs made him get dizzy and he fell on the ground.
Sero chased after him and quickly went to help him up. "Kaminari, here," He said reaching out his hand and leaning down to help him up. Kaminari shoved his hand away, leaving Sero even more confused and concerned.

Kaminari coughed and gagged until the burning sensation in his lungs stopped and he felt the soft blood covered petals escape his throat. After he caught his breath, he looked down at the pile of blood and roses, as the tears that built up in his eyes started to pour out. He could only imagine the look on Sero's face.

Sero was quiet now. He didn't now what to say. He knew what this was. He knew full well what was happening. He just couldn't believe it.

"Kaminari... I-I'm sorry... I can't believe y-you..."

Kaminari was taken way off guard. He knows what this is? How? He thought to himself. "Y-you know what this..?" Kaminari stuttered, just barley getting his words out. He'd never expect Sero to know what this was. In fact, he expected him to be scared. Really scared. He just puked out fucking flowers for crying out loud.
  But no, Sero looked more sad then confused or frightened.
"Unfortunately." He responded.

Let me guess... Jirou? Or could it be that plant lady from the sports festival? Sero thought to himself.

"How?" Kamimari asked, still sitting on the floor and avoiding eye contact with the taller male.
"Not important." Sero responded as he went to pick up the small blonde. "Here," He said reaching out his hand. This time, he took it, and brought himself up. "Thanks." He shakily mumbled.

They both made their way back to Kaminari's bed. The two sat in silence at first, but soon enough, Sero decided to ask a question that he was very hesitant to ask.
"Denki, if you mind me asking... who's doing this to you?" Although the question wasn't specific, the blonde new what he was asking.
"W-well... I wanna answer that... but you won't see me the same if I do..." Sero looked at his friend who hugged his knees tightly and looked down at the bedsheets with swollen, teary eyes. Sero sighed then pulled Kaminari closer to him, and wrapped him up in his arms once more.
"We both know that's not true." Sero could never see him any differently. Sero thought he was avoiding the question because had something to do with his sexuality. Even though Sero couldn't care less about what gender he prefers over the other. He just wanted to know who was putting his friend through all this pain.
"S-sero... I like you..."