Roots

[Kaminari]

  By the time me and Sero showed up to school, we saw our classmates leaving Present Mic's room. At first we thought they didn't notice us, until Mina came running over.

  "Hey you two made it!" She shouted. Getting us a little more attention then we liked.

  "Wow! Where have you guys been?" She asked as we stood outside Aizawa Sense's class. The rest of the students watched us from afar.

  "Long story. But to sum it up, we slept in." I nervously responded, scratching the nape of my neck.

  "Together~?" Her voice was like honey, sticky for dirt.

  Obviously we wouldn't tell her about last night. But I'm a really bad liar. Sero save us-!

  "Well, since Kaminari doesn't like alarms, I usually go over to his dorm and wake him up. Since our rooms are right next to each other. But today I forget to set my alarm." Sero laughed a bit as he spoke, but his lie was good enough to fool anyone! Even Mina!

  "Really?" She slugged in disappointment. "I was hoping for something juicier."

  "We know you were." I said laughing at her disappointed facial expression.

  "Hey guys! We should hurry before Aizawa comes to see what's taking so long." Kirishima suggested approached us from behind Mina. We all looked at each other in agreement and hurried to class.

[Sero]

  Classes went on as usual. A few people were curious to why Kaminari and I showed up like we did, and I told them the same lie I told everybody else who asked.
  After school I decided to take a trip to the hospital before heading home.

  "Excuse me," I said approaching the lady at the front desk. "I was wondering if I could meet with anyone who specializes in the hanahaki surgery?"

  "I'll see if anyone's available." She said then began to type on her computer. "Dr. Hange is available right now. She's in her office. Would you like to speak to her?" She asked.
  "Yes that'd be great!"I responded.

  She walked me up to an office located on the second floor. When she opened the door I saw a girl with brown hair tied up in a messy ponytail. Must be her.

  "Dr. Hange, if you don't mind, there's someone who would like to speak to you about the hanahaki surgery?" The lady asked.

  Hange looked up from her papers and smiled. "Of course! I'd love too."
  I entered the room and sat down in the chair in front of her desk.

  "So are you planning on gettin the surgery?" She asked.

  "Actually that's the thing; I've already gotten the surgery, but I feel like I still have feelings for that same person."
  She made a "hmm" sound then looked down at one of her papers.

  "It is possible they didn't remove all the roots... You see, it's possible there was a root so small that they missed. That root will slowly start growing until the effects of hanahaki come back. We can do another surgery to remove it, it'll just he harder due to how small and hard to find it'll be."

  I took in what she said. If that's true, my feelings didn't completely vanish... they just... shrunk?

  "So you're saying, I still have some of those feelings?"

  "Yes, and the root will either grow and cause you to puke flowers again, or it'll shrivel up and die when you and your one-sided love share the same feelings for each other."

  "T-thank you. A lot!"

  "No problem, kid!"

-

Author note- hope y'all AoT fans like my crossover !