Day 2

The entire camp was awoken by the breakfast bell at 7:30am. Before my friends could get to the bathroom first, I rushed inside to quickly dress the wounds I had created last night, before throwing on a pair of jeans and a white crew neck shirt.

"Sorry, I really needed to pee!" I lied to the girls as I walked out of the bathroom, curious looks on all of their faces as they waited for me.

We all arrived at the hall by 8am, the aroma of bacon, eggs and toast wafting out of the open doors, inviting us in warmly.

"Smells so good!" Dakota practically drooled, grabbing a plate and walking quickly over to the bacon and eggs station.

I followed her, reaching for the tongs to grab a piece of toast before I was nudged out of the way, the tongs instead being grabbed by none other than Lauren Knight. I bit my tongue, not wanting to start an argument with her, and waited patiently for her as served herself breakfast.

"Here you go," she said in a cheerful voice, and I held my hands out as she began to pass the tongs.

A hand reached out over my shoulder and took the tongs. I turned around to see a smirking Emily, who then turned and began to serve herself breakfast. Lauren looked at me smugly, but I just smiled sweetly at her and reached over, grabbing all the food that I wanted with my hands. I watched as her mouth parted slightly in shock as she wasn't expecting me to bend the rules, and I smiled to myself knowing I had beat her at her own game.

After breakfast we were separated into two groups, boys and girls. I groaned, dreading that I would have to spend the entire day with Lauren and her posse of followers. As we stood in a group talking amongst ourselves, we were interrupted by a loud booming voice.

"Hello, ladies! How are we all today?" the voice said.

We turned around to see a middle aged man wearing a green polo shirt and cream coloured shorts. His shirt had a Woodwick Bay logo on it, indicating he was one of the counsellors at the camp.

We all muttered an unenthusiastic 'good' in reply, and he chuckled lightheartedly.

"I'm Darren and I'll be your guide for the duration of the camp," he said happily. "I can tell you're all excited to be up so bright and early, so we are going to start with an easy activity today."

He turned and began walking down the same path we had walked on to get to our cabins. I looked forwards and saw the same small cabin I had seen yesterday afternoon, and as we got closer I noticed just how small it truly was. It couldn't have fit more than two beds inside it, assuming it had a small bathroom and kitchenette like the other cabins did.

"Darren, what is that small cabin for?" one of the girls asked him.

"It's our isolation cabin. This camp is used throughout the year for troubled youth, so usually we end up putting someone in there so they can calm down and have some alone time away from everyone," Darren explained, and we all nodded understandingly.

We walked along the path until we came to a clearing, wooden seats set up on one side and six large targets on the other side.

"So, ladies. Line up in six rows and grab a bow and arrow!" Darren said excitedly, clapping his hands together.

Alyssa, Bella and I were in a line together, Bella standing in front with a bow and arrow in hand. I looked to my left, seeing Lauren standing at the front of the line a few rows down. Today she was wearing denim shorts and a grey shirt, a red flannel wrapped around her waist. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she had a baseball cap on her head. I watched as she drew the bow and arrow, her arm muscles peaking through as she pulled the arrow backwards. She let it fly forwards, hitting the outer ring of the target.