Day 11

I didn't get a wink of sleep the night before as I was too busy running over the events that happened in the spa. My mind replayed the experience again and again and I found myself wanting more of her...but did she want more of me?

I heard Lauren stirring in her bed, no doubt waking up from a deep sleep that I wasn't lucky enough to get. I heard her groan as she stretched and cracked her joints, and then I heard her footsteps approach my bed. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep, breathing deeply and evenly. I suddenly felt her hand brush my hair out of my face, feeling her breath on my skin as she kneeled next to me. It took everything I had within me not to smile or open my eyes, and I'm glad I didn't when I felt her press a feather light kiss to my forehead before standing up and walking away.

I waited a little longer to 'wake up', climbing out of bed and quickly showering, shaving and then joining her outside at the patio table.

"Morning," I said quietly.

"Morning," she replied, not looking me in the eyes.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, you?" she said quietly.

"Lauren, what's wrong?" I asked.

She took a deep breath before looking at me, opening and closing her mouth several times before finally saying something.

"About yesterday...I'm just, worried I guess. I didn't force myself onto you, did I?" she said nervously, her eyes full of concern.

I wanted to reach out and hold her, tell her that she was the opposite of forceful. That she was gentle, caring, and perfect.

"No, you didn't," I opted to say instead.

"Are you sure? I keep thinking about it, I shouldn't have..." she rambled, but I cut her off.

"You didn't, Lauren. If I didn't want to do it, I would've told you," I replied.

She sighed in relief, her worried eyes now closed as a small smile tugged at her lips.

"Can I ask you something?" I spoke quietly.

"Hmm?" she responded.

"Was that...I mean, was I...was I good?" I asked awkwardly, instantly feeling a blush creep to my cheeks.

"Yes...I think so. I wouldn't really know," she said just as awkwardly.

"Oh...you haven't...?" I said, and she shook her head.

And then there was a silence between us. It wasn't awkward, nor comfortable. It was just...there. We both busied ourselves by watching the trees sway in the breeze, the birds flying from branch to branch, the clouds floating seamlessly across the bright blue sky. The silence was interrupted by Lauren scraping her chair loudly against the concrete patio as she stood up, smiling awkwardly at me before walking inside through the back door.

I mindlessly followed her, as if I were hypnotised by her chocolate eyes every time they made contact with mine. I closed the back door behind me, alerting her to my presence. She jumped slightly, turning around to look at me.

"So you've never —" I began to say.

"Had sex? No," she said awkwardly, looking down at the floor.

"Do you want to?" I asked, and she looked up at me. "I mean...with a boy?"

"Oh...I guess, I don't really know," she replied.

"What about with a girl?" I asked her.

She didn't reply, instead just staring at me as if she could see right through me. I took a step closer to her, closing the distance between us. I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing, but I knew that whatever it was...I wanted it. I reached out my arm, holding my hand out for her to take. She placed her hand inside of mine and I pulled her gently towards me. It felt weird, taking charge, especially with Lauren. I liked it though, it was different, but exciting.