Day 12

"Lauren, Scarlet, rise and shine!" a familiar voice said.

Lauren and I groaned, sitting up tiredly in our beds as we heard the lock of the front door clicking, and then suddenly the door swung open to reveal a very smug looking Mrs Cade.

"Good morning, ladies. It's so lovely to see you again!" she chirped happily. "I've just come to see if you've resolved your differences."

"We have," Lauren and I both said simultaneously, looking at each other and each stifling a laugh.

"Oh, how wonderful!" Mrs Cade exclaimed, clapping her hands gleefully. "Pack your bags girls, you'll be going back to your original cabins now."

Mrs Cade sat at the dining table as Lauren and I silently packed our bags, occasionally stealing glances at each other and trying to hide our smiles. Once we had stuffed everything back into our suitcases Mrs Cade led us out of the cabin, and I couldn't help but turn around and take one last glance at the four walls and a roof that ultimately turned my life upside down. We both dragged our suitcases along the bumpy winding path, eventually arriving at the communal campsite.

"Now, ladies. Breakfast is in half an hour, so I suggest you go inside your cabins and catch up with your friends. I'll see you both in the dining hall," Mrs Cade said before turning around and walking off to her room.

Lauren and I stood there silently, suitcases in hand, unsure of how to depart. The chances of people seeing us was now real, and I wasn't sure what Lauren thought of that.

"Uh, I'll see you at breakfast...I guess?" I said awkwardly.

"Yeah, I'll see you then," she replied.

We stood there awkwardly for a moment, and then Lauren reached out and pulled me close to her, her arms wrapping around my body. I reciprocated by holding onto her tightly, my head resting comfortably against her shoulder. As we pulled apart she pressed a firm kiss to my forehead.

"See you," she said quietly before turning around and dragging her suitcase up to her cabin. Once she reached the door she turned around, giving me a small wave before opening it and walking inside. Once she had disappeared from view I sighed deeply, turning around and walking up the steps to my cabin.

As soon as I had walked inside I was tackled to the ground, five bodies piling on top of me as they all scrambled to hug me.

"Scar!" they all screamed, and I managed to manoeuvre my arms from under their weight to somewhat hug them back.

"I've missed you guys!" I told them.

"We barely heard from you!" Bells piped up, "We thought Lauren might've killed you!"

"There was no reception in there! Sorry!" I lied.

I felt bad lying to them, but I wasn't exactly ready to tell them that I had lost my virginity to the girl who had been bullying me for the past three years.

"How was everything with Lauren?" Dakota asked me.

"It was okay, we mainly just stayed out of each other's way..." I lied again, and they all nodded.

"I suppose it could've been a lot worse," Ellen said, and I nodded in agreement.

The breakfast bell rang at 7:30 and the girls and I all made our way to the dining hall. As we walked in, I saw Lauren sitting with her group of friends and my heart instantly dropped. I don't know what I was expecting though, it's not as if she was going to ditch them completely and rush over to me.

We all made our way to the serving tables and I reached out to grab the tongs, only for them to be snatched right from my hands.

"Oops. Sorry, Scarlet!" a bitchy voice said, and I turned around to see Louise standing there with a smug grin on her face.