Ride With Me I

Don't read this on public

🔞🔞🔞
-----

Jennie took a deep breath and pressed the button for the elevator. The lobby's marble shone from the sunshine flooding the front of the building. The windows were slightly tinted, but the sun was in full flight today and ignoring the darkened glass. It glinted off the chrome of the elevator doors as Jennie waited.

She was nervous. She was so nervous her palms were sweating. For starters, she couldn't believe she'd gotten this far. Her first interview had gone well, her second had gone better, but surely there were people far more qualified than her. Nevertheless, she was here at her final interview for the job.

It was possibly the most prestigious job in Seoul: personal assistant to one young musician, the elusive Ms. Kim Jisoo.

How you could be a singer and still have no one know what you looked like was beyond Jennie, but this girl had managed it. The daughter of the very famous Sandara Park, the young woman had hit stardom at a young age, just twenty. Somehow, she had decided that she didn't want all the palaver that went with being recognised in public and had released four albums without her face ever making it to press. It was one of the biggest mysteries in the industry. People were constantly claiming to be her and then being publicly shamed when they turned out to be lying.

Her live shows were few, and those that she did do, were shrouded in carefully-placed light and shade, her face never shown. Her albums never had her on them, at least, not her face, and she never did photo publicity.

She was, as it were, a complete mystery.

And now Jennie was at her final interview to become the girl's PA. A busy but incredible job. Jennie wondered if she'd have to do the whole thing with a blindfold on. Probably not.

The elevator was taking its time arriving.

When it finally opened, she entered swiftly, pushing the button for eight and then the 'close door' button. She was well in time, always early, but she'd rather be up there. Just as the doors were about to close, a hand snuck in between, activating the safety catch and opening them.

A slender brunette with a long straight hair and sunglasses still in place sauntered into the elevator car and pressed the 'door close' button.

Jennie, standing at the back of the elevator, couldn't help give the girl the once-over. She was wearing simple, well-fitting jeans and a black tank top. A beaded belt was slung through the loops of the jeans. Whatever perfume she was wearing, it was perfect: alluring, warm and not too heavy. It was also wafting Jennie's way and she had to avoid a sharp intake of breath.

It was okay: she was just stuck in the elevator with a hottie. Nothing wrong with that. Nice eye candy to take her mind off the interview, right?

The doors shut and the brunette leaned against the side of the elevator. She gave Jennie a brief smile but, as the blonde couldn't see the other girl's eyes, she wasn't sure if it was genuine or not.

She watched the numbers above the door tick over: two, three, four...

And then there was a shudder, a groan and the car came to a shuddering halt. Jennie caught the handle that ran around the elevator's edge to stop herself from falling over. The lights of the elevator flickered for a second and then settled back to on.

They weren't moving. They definitely weren't moving. The lights showed them firmly stuck in no man's land, on neither floor four nor five.

"Shit," the brunette muttered.