sam holland: jealousy is not a good look on you

dedicated to @Lwriter5 who requested this in MAY (that's how behind I am — so sorry frens)

——

Shit. Shit. Big shit.

The article title read: "Actor Tom Holland Finds New Love Interest?"

With a picture of you and Tom hugging.

Nothing infuriated you more than those stupid paparazzi ruining every nice moment, turning and twisting it into something it's not.

You and Tom were strictly friends — best friends — and for good reason. You may or may not have feelings for Tom's little brother, Sam. And Sam may or may not have feelings for you.

And you two may or may not be in a very passionate secret relationship.

You've always wondered what it was about Sam that made him want to keep your relationship a secret from the world but you respected his wishes nonetheless.

The only person that knew was Tom. He was both your wingman as well as Sam's. It worked out pretty well in the end.

Your phone ringing pulled you out of your little article freak out.

Tom's name popped up and you slid your finger across the screen to answer the call.

"Yellow?" You chimed, trying to be lighthearted.

"First off, please don't say that again. Ew," Tom's heavy accent came through the other end of the line, "and second. Did you see the article?"

"Unfortunately yes. Needless to say I'm. Pissed. I hate those guys!"

Tom knew of the guy you were referring to, "It's their job, Y/N."

"Their job is to ruin other people's lives?!"

"Precisely."

You sighed, "so what were you calling about exactly?"

"Well I just wanted to make sure you saw the article. Also I'd suggest talking to Sam about this, you know how he can be." Worry laced his tone, causing your stress to resurface.

Sam could become...jealous at times. Never over the top, scary jealous but just jealous enough to make you feel immensely bad.

"Yeah, you're right. Okay thanks again Tom. Bye."

You hung the phone up, the clock on the screen flashing in front of your eyes.

Work! I have to be at work in half an hour!

Looks like Sam would have to wait till this evening, you could not be late for another shift.

You quickly got changed into your uniform, hopped in your car and left your and Sam's quaint apartment. He was out of town on some work business for a few days and was supposed to be home tomorrow.

Once you arrived at work, you sent Sam a quick text: Just got to work. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!! Xoxo

Work dragged on with a fair amount of mean customers so you couldn't wait to get out of there knowing you were a few hours closer to seeing Sam again. After clocking out and starting the walk to your car, you checked your phone to see a message from Sam.

Your heart jumped until you read the text, making you frown.

The text read: I think I'm going to stay another day here to finish work.

What the...?

You texted back almost immediately.

Oh okay. I'll see you in a few days then!